• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MBA BA Competition Chasis Stock

Baer45

Baer45
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2010
Dublin, Va.
I have a new SAC built rifle with the above Chasis system. Can N.Y. one tell me how I remOve the butt pad so I can clean my barrel? I wish I had gotten the folding stock.....I have to take off the cheek rest but the rear butt plate is still to high and I see no screws there to remove it. Anyone own one so you can tell me what the heck I’m missing?

I read your link before I posted, but other then instructions of how to adjust butt stock cant 7 degrees, there are no instructions on how to remove the butt plate. I also do not have the 2 screws referenced....

I don't need to remove the butt plate with my MPA when cleaning. The cleaning rod will track along the top of the butt plate but still works fine. I'm using a long Dewey rod which has a bit of flex to it, are you using a rigid rod or something short?

I only lower my cheek riser so I can get my bore guide in, but never had to mess with the butt plate

Annotate the detent clicks of your cheekpiece and buttpad from bottomed out.

Adjust the cheek (if needed) all the way down or completely out. Adjust the buttpad all the way out (until it comes off of the chassis).
Clean
Install both to bottomed out then count clicks back up to your setting and tighten the set-screws.

MPA makes a QD cheekpiece if you need that.