• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Mc Millian HTG stock

40x

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2009
Pennsylvanian
I have a M40 profile barrel 24" on Remington 700 on a McMillan HTG stock.One thing I don't like about it is it feels nose heavy and is not very well balanced.I was thinking of adding lead to the but of the rifle but I don't know where to add or how to any info.

Re: Mc Millian HTG stock

not sure i have been told the angle effects the recoil

confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cut 4" off the barrel </div></div>

x2

By M40 do you mean the newer "Heavyier" barrels or the old Remington varmint contour?? If its the newer one that is around .900+ at the end of the barrel get used to it. You put enough lead in the stock to balance it out and you won't be able to carry it!!

I have four HTGs three with sendero or Remingto varmint contours and one with the "Heavy" barrel and the heavy barrel is a toad to lug around but only gets heavier with the A3s to A4s. Its just the nature of the beast when you have a 2 pound stock and a 6.5 pound barrel.