• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mc3 stock

Dakid Gully13B

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2021
Atlanta GA
So for work I have a Remington 700 build and just ordered a MC3 stock but I want to add a DBM but can’t find anywhere that has the Mc3 dbm. Is there another compatible option like the magpul bottom metal.

What’s the bottom metal inlet on the stock? You may need to have the stock inlet and fit by a gs.
Can’t go wrong with a Badger DBM and some AI mags.

What’s the bottom metal inlet on the stock? You may need to have the stock inlet and fit by a gs.
Can’t go wrong with a Badger DBM and some AI mags.
Yea that is true...I have a bottom metal from magpul coming in and will see...either was I plan on having my gun smith install it. The badger DBM is on the list as well.

The Mc3 DBM is polymer junk. I swapped it out with a metal Greyboe one. The inlet is a little larger than standard.

The Magpul DBM isn't going to work with an M5 inlet, even if you have a gunsmith open up the stock so it will drop in. The pillar depths needed for each are different. DBM's that use the M5 inlet pattern usually come with shorter pillars and new action screws so that it puts the magazine at the proper height in relation to the bolt and feed ramp in the action.

The Magpul was designed to drop in to the Magpul stock as a direct replacement for someone that is using a Remington 700 BDL floor plate and action screws without changing anything except removing a spacer. The pillar height for a BDL set up is taller and the action screws longer. If you tried to use the Magpul DBM in a stock that has pillars for a M5 inlet I'd imagine the magazine would bottom out on the action before it could lock in and the action screws would interfere with the bolt.

The Magpul DBM isn't going to work with an M5 inlet, even if you have a gunsmith open up the stock so it will drop in. The pillar depths needed for each are different. DBM's that use the M5 inlet pattern usually come with shorter pillars and new action screws so that it puts the magazine at the proper height in relation to the bolt and feed ramp in the action.

The Magpul was designed to drop in to the Magpul stock as a direct replacement for someone that is using a Remington 700 BDL floor plate and action screws without changing anything except removing a spacer. The pillar height for a BDL set up is taller and the action screws longer. If you tried to use the Magpul DBM in a stock that has pillars for a M5 inlet I'd imagine the magazine would bottom out on the action before it could lock in and the action screws would interfere with the bolt.
Got it thanks

What did you do to install and do you want to sell your Mc3 dbm

The Grayboe DBM dropped right in and ran without issue for me. There was just space around the edge. You could bedding it for a better fit.

I sold the stock and DBM early this year as the CF version was heavier then expected but a very solid stock for the price.