• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes McCann MIRS rail with Leupy 50mm, Ring Height?

96C

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 9, 2007
    Aust
    Hi guys,

I have the McCann MIRS rail for the Rem700 action SA and a Leupold 4.5-14x50mm with the ARD + flip up cover.
    The issue I have however is my Leupold MK4 Medium rings were too low, they have a High and Super High MK4 ring set.

Does anyone have any experience with the MIRS and know their ring height?

I've fired them an email but would like your opinion also.
    Any help would be appreciated, I'm in the desert right now so I dont have access to the rail or scope sorry.

Thanks lads,

Re: McCann MIRS rail with Leupy 50mm, Ring Height?

Lads,
    I Have a MIRS rail on one of my riles also. I used a set of Badger Max50 rings, which are tall enough to clear my 58mm USO objective lens. The Max 50's come in three heights - .823, 1.125, and 1.450. I will double check the model that I used and post a pic this evening.

Shane

Lads,
    I have this one; USO 58mm objective, 30mm tube and 1.450 Badgers. I hope this helps.

Shane
    2-9-2009053.jpg

Here is another setup on MIRS rail. USO 44mm objective, 34mm tube and Badger 1" rings. Overall fits well, with plenty of clearance.

Shane
    011.jpg

012.jpg

Shane

One more, another USO 44mm objective, 34mm tube and Seekins .920 height rings. As you can see clearance is really tight. Thanks STS

Shane
    008-1.jpg

006.jpg

If you want the scope to line up properly with the PVS-22 you should need a ring with a rail to centerline height of 1.25" based on a 1.5" rail to centerline height for the PVS-22. The forward section of rail for the PVS-22 is 0.25" lower than the rear scope mounting section of the rail.

thanks for your help fellas! greatly appreciated
    smile.gif
    made my day