• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos McCrazys GAP

McCrazy

Your tax $$$ no longer at work.
Minuteman
  • Jun 4, 2008
    Texas
    Here is my GA Precision 7 WSM. It has a Surgeon 591 action with KMW bolt knob, Remington 40X trigger, Bartlein 5R barrel in #7 contour with 1:9" twist and a Badger Thruster muzzle brake for a total length of around 26", Atlas bipod on a spigot going into an AICS 2.0 SA FDE. Barrel and action are Cerakoted desert tan apparently. Was supposed to be color matched to the FDE but no worries.

Scope is US Optics SN-3 3.2-17x 44mm Ergo. Adjustments are mil/mil with EREK elevation and US #3 M40 windage on the left side. Reticle is an MPR with red illumination, and rings are USO as well.

As far as accuracy goes, it was shooting right around .75 moa. Bear in mind though that is with Winchester 160 gr Fail Safe hunting ammo. I have Berger 180 gr VLDs sitting here and expect groups to shrink dramatically when I use them in reloads. Until then I am collecting the Fail Safe brass and other components.

Thanks to Karey at GAP for putting up with all my e-mails and phonecalls regarding this rifle.

Many, many thanks to my friend Supersubes. For months we bounced ideas back and forth to come up with the perfect rifle that fit my needs and wants. He then went out of his way to order parts and hold on to them for me, took me to USO while I was on leave so I could order the scope in person, and held on to bits and pieces for me while I was deployed. Without his help this rifle may still only have been a dream. Thanks a ton man.

Re: McCrazys GAP

I have seen this rifle in person
    smile.gif
    . It's an awesome rifle, absolutely love everything about it. Congrads!!

B4- the coating is Cerakote done by GAP and was supposed to be color matched to the FDE AICS. Looks more like regular desert tan though which is fine by me.

Barrel length is 25" plus another 1.5" or so for the muzzle brake.

HTH and thanks for the compliments and questions.

Nice rifle.

BTW - nothing matches the FDE. I tried the same thing, but then gave up and just went with black.

I like the lighter color of your rifle, though, because it is easier to make a light rifle darker than the other way around.
    cool.gif

Nice setup. I have the same scope in OD green and it's great and ultra clear/sharp. Hope you didn't have to wait long for it.

Thanks guys.

Tincan- the scope was ordered while I was home on leave and was waiting for me at a friend's house when my deployment was over.