• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos McCrazys M24 Improved

McCrazy

Your tax $$$ no longer at work.
Minuteman
  • Jun 4, 2008
    Texas
    This 700 started off as a quasi-M24 build. Eventually I got tired of making compromises so I said screw it and decided to make it more into what I wish my M24 was.

The action and bolt (standard Remington 700 SA) have been trued with a RD Precision bolt knob added, and a Schneider polygonal rifled barrel at 24" with recessed crown and a 1:12" twist. Stock is a Manners T2A with carbon fill, Harris bipod with slightly different pod-loc (metal handle), Seekins low rings, Badger flat base, and Leupold M3 scope with USMC-style football mildot reticle. It is duracoated desert tan but I resprayed the whole thing myself with Krylon and clearcoat.

Accuracy-wise this rifle was very impressive although I only shot two groups with it (spent most of the day ringing steel). First group was without a rear bag and still came in at .64 moa. For those of you concerned with cold bore shots this rifle had not been previously fired with this barrel. However the second bullet sent downrange barely increased the diameter of the hole left by the first bullet sent downrange.

After that I got a rear bag for the next group and the first four rounds were at .23 moa. The fifth went off before I wanted it to but still only pushed the group to .46 moa. I know everyone claims the whole "if I do my part" routine but my buddy and I lightened the trigger a bit too much and it doesn't have the feel I like.

Anyhow, for the first load and no load development I am very impressed with the accuracy of this rifle.

Thanks to Randy at RD Precision for his fine craftsmanship; also Thomas Manners and Cheese for the parts they supplied.

Once again many more thanks to Hide member and friend Supersubes for all of his assistance on getting this rifle squared away and greasing the skids for me while I was deployed.

Re: McCrazys M24 Improved

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

what did you use to camo your gun? Looks very nice

DirtyD- I just used three different shades of matte Krylon spray paint. Browns and tans and then coated in matte clearcoat. Used grass, leaves, weeds, etc. from the backyard and held them in front of the rifle while I sprayed to make the patterns. Total cost for paint job: maybe $20 tops.

Hahaha, yes you are correct Wild Bill. Spring Lake fired their police chief and a bunch of the officers due to being shady and incompetent. Last I looked into it they were trying to salvage the department but the Sheriffs are the law in town right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McCrazy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..Last I looked into it they were trying to salvage the department...</div></div>
    Sounds like an opportunity.

Nice rifle.