• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McDonald's boss punches mom with service dog

KillShot

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 25, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
People have lost their damned minds. Looks like another lawsuit might be headed for McDonald's.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A McDonald's manager in the Atlanta area is accused of punching a mother after she brought her autistic children and a service dog inside the restaurant, authorities said.

Tiffany Denise Allen is charged with simple battery, simple assault and disorderly conduct, according to a Cobb County warrant.

Jennifer Schwenker entered the McDonald's in Marietta with her twins and service dog on July 12. Allen, who was off-duty at the time, became angry that the dog was inside, the warrant states. Police say Allen followed the mother around the restaurant, then punched her in the face in the parking lot.</div></div>

Source - Yahoo!

Re: McDonald's boss punches mom with service dog

I just don't see the point, I guess her authority went to her head...

Jesus Murphy, what is wrong with people these days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kthomas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jesus Murphy, what is wrong with people these days. </div></div>

Bottom line is everyones scared shitless, cause they dont know the truth behind whats going on, and they take it out in angry attacks on one another. Seems to pervade every spectrum of the society.

The only cure for that fear, is not knowledge, weve got lots of that, but wisdom. That, unfortunately, seems in short supply.

power corrupts! i hope i never get a job with that much of it!

First, a off duty McDonald's manager assaulting a patron outside the store, even if verbally provoked, is unacceptable.

But it was a "Service dog for her Autistic" kid, right? If you aren't aware, the "Service" animal industry and loophole is aburd. This wasn't a seeing eye dog for a blind person, but a companion for a autistic (and that diagnosis is pretty big and blurry now). Because the kid has some difficulty dealing with people in "social" situations they get it a pet, and get a tax deduction, and expect everybody to roll over and accomodate them. The dog could have been left at home, in the car, or tied up right outside.
These days there are not only "Service" Dogs, but Horses, Minature Horses, Monkeys, Snakes, and even "Service Ferrets".
The dog shouldn't have been brought in the restaraunt, and didn't "need" to be.
These days a disability isn't something you work to overcome and reach your highest level of ability with. it is a excuse, and a demand for special accomodation, as well as a chance to sue anybody or anyplace that doesn't bend over backwards to make you feel not disabled.
And what is wrong with this woman to have multiple "autistic" kids? The odds of that once are pretty slim. Is she a drinker while pregnant, or a druggy, or a genetic defective who knows she shouldn't have children in the first place but does because of the SSDI? Front of the line for government housing, specially built for "disabled" at Government expense of over $400,000 a unit and you never have to worry about getting the eletric or heat or phone cut off because there is a "disabled" child in the house.
Something is screwy with this woman in the first place, as well as the off duty manager.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First, a off duty McDonald's manager assaulting a patron outside the store, even if verbally provoked, is unacceptable.

But it was a "Service dog for her Autistic" kid, right? If you aren't aware, the "Service" animal industry and loophole is aburd. This wasn't a seeing eye dog for a blind person, but a companion for a autistic (and that diagnosis is pretty big and blurry now). Because the kid has some difficulty dealing with people in "social" situations they get it a pet, and get a tax deduction, and expect everybody to roll over and accomodate them. The dog could have been left at home, in the car, or tied up right outside.
These days there are not only "Service" Dogs, but Horses, Minature Horses, Monkeys, Snakes, and even "Service Ferrets".
These days a disability isn't something you work to overcome and reach your highest level of ability with. it is a excuse, and a demand for special accomodation, as well as a chance to sue anybody or anyplace that doesn't bend over backwards to make you feel not disabled.
<span style="color: #CC0000">And what is wrong with this woman to have multiple "autistic" kids? The odds of that once are pretty slim. Is she a drinker while pregnant, or a druggy, or a genetic defective who knows she shouldn't have children in the first place but does because of the SSDI?</span> Front of the line for government housing, specially built for "disabled" at Government expense of over $400,000 a unit and you never have to worry about getting the eletric or heat or phone cut off because there is a "disabled" child in the house.
Something is screwy with this woman in the first place, as well as the off duty manager. </div></div>

They were twins. While busy being a social genius you forget to read the article...

Ouch! And I was mentally berating myself for making assumptions about the attacker.

Would have been a funnier story had the Mgr just poured a boiling hot cup of coffee in the woman's lap...at least then there would have been some brutal irony to the story!!
wink.gif

Oh well...

Yeah...indeed, what is the world coming to when a McD's mgr (off duty or NOT) feels the need to physically assault a customer?!?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First, a off duty McDonald's manager assaulting a patron outside the store, even if verbally provoked, is unacceptable.

And what is wrong with this woman to have multiple "autistic" kids? The odds of that once are pretty slim. Is she a drinker while pregnant, or a druggy, or a genetic defective who knows she shouldn't have children in the first place but does because of the SSDI? Front of the line for government housing, specially built for "disabled" at Government expense of over $400,000 a unit and you never have to worry about getting the eletric or heat or phone cut off because there is a "disabled" child in the house.
Something is screwy with this woman in the first place, as well as the off duty manager. </div></div>

WTF is you're problem asshole?! Have you ever even met a disabled child? You have to go insinuating that a child you've never even met is in the same group as welfare monkeys and the mother is a junkie because they had a dog? I hope you get hit by a truck so you can see what it's like to be disabled!

IF you have some additional information that is relevant to the story at hand, please feel free to add it. To make the leaps of logic you appear to be making here does have me scratching my head......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First, a off duty McDonald's manager assaulting a patron outside the store, even if verbally provoked, is unacceptable.

IF you have some additional information that is relevant to the story at hand, please feel free to add it. To make the leaps of logic you appear to be making here does have me scratching my head...... </div></div>

Reason and Logic. Strictly optional.

This is about 10 minutes from my house, it really doesn't surprise me, a lot of people stopped going to that particular one because they were rude and would screw up everything in your order no matter how simple you made it.

Well, donttrytorun, I've had the privilege to work with autistic children, adolescents and young adults throughout my professional life. Here's the scoop: based on your post, you don't know jack fewking shite! so, you can probably do two things: a) keep your mouth fewking shut and at least leave open the possibility I'm wrong in my estimation; or, b) open it up and remove all doubt.

Second, you apparently don't know fewking squat about service dogs either. I'm the owner of a retired service dog who did stellar service helping children to recover from the trauma of being attacked by a dog, not to mention the comfort and solace she brought to folks who lay dying on cancer wards. And while Emma has not served our warriors returning from the "boxes," other dogs have provided invaluable assistance in helping our vets shed the residues of post-combat trauma, PTSD, and complex chronic arousal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: copdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, donttrytorun, I've had the privilege to work with autistic children, adolescents and young adults throughout my professional life. Here's the scoop: based on your post, you don't know jack fewking shite! so, you can probably do two things: a) keep your mouth fewking shut and at least leave open the possibility I'm wrong in my estimation; or, b) open it up and remove all doubt.

Second, you apparently don't know fewking squat about service dogs either. I'm the owner of a retired service dog who did stellar service helping children to recover from the trauma of being attacked by a dog, not to mention the comfort and solace she brought to folks who lay dying on cancer wards. And while Emma has not served our warriors returning from the "boxes," other dogs have provided invaluable assistance in helping our vets shed the residues of post-combat trauma, PTSD, and complex chronic arousal.</div></div>

Not to put the boot into donttrytorun, but the next door neighbors have two kids, one with Asperger's and the other with full-blown, profound autism, and dealing with the issues isn't a damned picnic or a dodge around the cost of having an effin' pet. If it could help their son open up and learn to communicate, I'd say let 'em have a damned brontosaurus on a leash. Seriously, I don't know how it is that people can be so uncharitable towards others without knowing anything about the situation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: copdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, donttrytorun, I've had the privilege to work with autistic children, adolescents and young adults throughout my professional life. Here's the scoop: based on your post, you don't know jack fewking shite! so, you can probably do two things: a) keep your mouth fewking shut and at least leave open the possibility I'm wrong in my estimation; or, b) open it up and remove all doubt.

Second, you apparently don't know fewking squat about service dogs either. I'm the owner of a retired service dog who did stellar service helping children to recover from the trauma of being attacked by a dog, not to mention the comfort and solace she brought to folks who lay dying on cancer wards. And while Emma has not served our warriors returning from the "boxes," other dogs have provided invaluable assistance in helping our vets shed the residues of post-combat trauma, PTSD, and complex chronic arousal.</div></div>

Not to put the boot into donttrytorun, but the next door neighbors have two kids, one with Asperger's and the other with full-blown, profound autism, and dealing with the issues isn't a damned picnic or a dodge around the cost of having an effin' pet. If it could help their son open up and learn to communicate, I'd say let 'em have a damned brontosaurus on a leash. Seriously, I don't know how it is that people can be so uncharitable towards others without knowing anything about the situation. </div></div>

Arrogance. Ignorance. Cruelty. Lot of that going around.

Granted I think the idea of a service horse or ferret is pretty damn stupid (and I've seen service <span style="font-weight: bold">horses</span> in airports), but the manager obviously got way out of line. Its not acceptable behavior to violate other people's personal space, especially with closed fists.

While were on the subject of service animals, here in Miami-Dade county its illegal to own a pitt bull terrier. However you can get one certified as a service animal and circumvent the county ordnance...it really is a loophole of sorts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Arrogance. Ignorance. Cruelty. Lot of that going around. </div></div>

Thanks Goldie.
I like that.

Donttrytorun said:
First, a off duty McDonald's manager assaulting a patron outside the store, even if verbally provoked, is unacceptable.

Something is screwy with this woman in the first place, as well as the off duty manager. [/quote

I lost an arm and leg in an accident that was not my fault.I recieve disability due to this,and the fact I paid into the system my entire working life.I try every day to overcome my injuries as much as possible,I do not ask ANYONE to accomodate me!I am grateful that as a whole our society provides certain facilities and modifications that make things easier for me.If someone helps me with a door or reaching something I appreciate it as the courtesy it is.

It is rather obvious that you are like the majority of people who simply decide that they know what they are talking about without any actual information. Yes,of course there are many people that abuse the system to get benefits but there are many more who are grateful for them.I suspect you have no children and if you do and they are healthy both physically and mentally,please thank God for it!I have a five year old daughter that when she was three witnessed along with my wife the motorcycle accident that ripped my leg off and pitched me fifty feet down the road.She has dealt with it very well and hardly ever mentions it anymore,however if she needed it I would get her every therapist,benefit and service animal available to help her!

You simply need to learn that just because the internet is more or less anonymous doesn't mean you should vomit forth your apathetic,misinformed and twisted opinions

Anybody know what breed of dog it was?

Should of had a German Shepherd so when the bitch punched the mom the dog would of tore her ass to pieces and enjoyed a nice snack at McD's as well.

The dog wasn't a seeing eye dog. She should have used the drive through window.
She knew better, but made the decision to bring the dog in without concern for the store and the health and sanitation issues involved.
The manager was dead wrong, and so was the customer. I am sure when asked to take the dog out she became defiant.
Thsi thing didn't just jump off without a build up.
Both were wrong, but only McDonalds will suffer, by a lawsuit, settled with money.
Was the dog a genuine "Service Dog", with whatever cetification they have? Why was it's presence required?
Why didn't she use the drive through, since she had a dog?
What if it was a minature horse, or ferret, or snake, or monkey?

Obviously this matter escalated. It didn't just happen.
If the dog wasn't a "Certified and trained Service Animal", hopefully wearing it's "Service Animal" vest, then it was just a pet and didn't belong in the McDonald's.
Having said that, the off duty manager punching the woman in the parking lot was dead wrong. I expect the patron with the dog insisted on the last word. That's how this stuff usually goes. I doubt either party in this matter behaved politely and appropriately when the matter of the dog was brought up.

I watched the video. The Black Lab is wearing a harness consistent with a "Service Dog". The manager is a idiot for harrassing the woman and claiming to not know service animals are permitted, especially off duty, out of uniform, with a infant in her own arms. When the patron splashed a beverage on her that set it off.
The only thing I saw in the video was she could have shortened up the leash inside the store, but I guess she was flustered.
The former "Manager" is obviously a nutjob.

I did some design work on this McDonalds about 10 years ago. It is a franchise store so I doubt Corporate has much to worry about in the way of lawsuits. The owners pockets weren't very deep so I doubt there is much to go after even if the mom files a suit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watched the video. The Black Lab is wearing a harness consistent with a "Service Dog". The manager is a idiot for harrassing the woman and claiming to not know service animals are permitted, especially off duty, out of uniform, with a infant in her own arms. When the patron splashed a beverage on her that set it off.
The only thing I saw in the video was she could have shortened up the leash inside the store, but I guess she was flustered.
The former "Manager" is obviously a nutjob.</div></div>

Next time, you might try watching the video before running your mouth. Just sayin...

6866.facepalm_5F00_implied.jpg

JWsub
For everyone of you there are quite literally one hundred others (or more today, my information is more than a year old) who are scamming the disability office. My dad retired from there last year. He was adjudicating medical disability and he had about 300 bogus cases for each legitimate claim. The problem is a lot of bogus claims make it through on lawyer appeals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JWsub
For everyone of you there are quite literally one hundred others (or more today, my information is more than a year old) who are scamming the disability office. My dad retired from there last year. He was adjudicating medical disability and he had about 300 bogus cases for each legitimate claim. The problem is a lot of bogus claims make it through on lawyer appeals.</div></div>

That is absolutely right! There are SHIT-LOADS of illegal Mexicans who are collecting social security benefits with a 'pending' status for their social security number! Here's the catch; there's no f*cking such thing as 'pending' for a social security number! You either have one or you don't, it's that simple. If you are here illegally, you will NEVER be able to obtain a legitimate social security number.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watched the video. The Black Lab is wearing a harness consistent with a "Service Dog". The manager is a idiot for harrassing the woman and claiming to not know service animals are permitted, especially off duty, out of uniform, with a infant in her own arms. When the patron splashed a beverage on her that set it off.
The former "Manager" is obviously a nutjob.</div></div>

Next time, you might try watching the video before running your mouth. Just sayin...

6866.facepalm_5F00_implied.jpg

</div></div>

+1 to that

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What if it was a minature horse, or ferret, or snake, or monkey? </div></div>

All of whom would have made for better dining companions than you.

You sir are an ass looking for a hole.

Who the fu-k is this donttrytorun? Did you get up on the wrong side of someone elses bed? or are you riding your kotex side saddle. Kid you got alot to learn abt life and the diasbled. You have some big balls to mouth off like that or you had them cut off and you squat to pee eather way there are alot of people out in the world that would be glad to teach you some manners. MM

We need Boltripper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mexican match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who the fu-k is this donttrytorun? Did you get up on the wrong side of someone elses bed? or are you riding your kotex side saddle. Kid you got alot to learn abt life and the diasbled. You have some big balls to mouth off like that or you had them cut off and you squat to pee eather way there are alot of people out in the world that would be glad to teach you some manners. MM</div></div>
I spent ten years dealing with severly disabled kids, and their families, as much as 70 hours a week of direct care. Muscular Dystrophy, Cerebral Palsy, Meningitis damage. Severely disabled. I demanded as high a level of independance and performance as possible depending on their abilities. i was their last hope, and was very successful.
i am a RN, and those kids had trachs, vents, were wheelchair confined. They had medical issues.
And they all thrived under my care, physically, mentally, academically, and emotionally. And were grateful for it. In many cases I was their last hope because they had driven away so many others.
And i never met a family with a severely disabled kid that was "right". 'Dysfunctional" was expected, and normal for the situation. They had issues with blaming themselves and each other, and their frustrations, and the had to build their lives around the disability. It drove them nuts.

I said I was wrong about the mother. The manager was violent, confrontaional, unprofessional, carrying a baby, out of uniform, and off duty.

Watch the video, though you'll have to google it. There is no link on the thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The dog wasn't a seeing eye dog. She should have used the drive through window.
She knew better, but made the decision to bring the dog in without concern for the store and the health and sanitation issues involved.
The manager was dead wrong, and so was the customer. I am sure when asked to take the dog out she became defiant.
Thsi thing didn't just jump off without a build up.
Both were wrong, but only McDonalds will suffer, by a lawsuit, settled with money.
Was the dog a genuine "Service Dog", with whatever cetification they have? Why was it's presence required?
What if it was a minature horse, or ferret, or snake, or monkey? </div></div>

WOW! You are ignorant. You would rather defend a person who stalks a disabled woman around a fast food joint THEN follows her outside and assaults her in front of her kids? By opening your mouth, again, you have shown your foolishness.

I would have hoped the dog was trained in protection and take the mcdonalds employee's fingers off. That would serve as a reminder every time she tried to scoop up some fries.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mexican match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who the fu-k is this donttrytorun? Did you get up on the wrong side of someone elses bed? or are you riding your kotex side saddle. Kid you got alot to learn abt life and the diasbled. You have some big balls to mouth off like that or you had them cut off and you squat to pee eather way there are alot of people out in the world that would be glad to teach you some manners. MM</div></div>
I spent ten years dealing with severly disabled kids, and their families, as much as 70 hours a week of direct care. Muscular Dystrophy, Cerebral Palsy, Meningitis damage. Severely disabled. I demanded as high a level of independance and performance as possible depending on their abilities. i was their last hope, and was very successful.
i am a RN, and those kids had trachs, vents, were wheelchair confined. They had medical issues.
And they all thrived under my care, physically, mentally, academically, and emotionally. And were grateful for it. In many cases I was their last hope because they had driven away so many others.
<span style="color: #FF0000">And i never met a family with a severely disabled kid that was "right". 'Dysfunctional" was expected, and normal for the situation.</span> They had issues with blaming themselves and each other, and their frustrations, and the had to build their lives around the disability. It drove them nuts.

I said I was wrong about the mother. The manager was violent, confrontaional, unprofessional, carrying a baby, out of uniform, and off duty.

Watch the video, though you'll have to google it. There is no link on the thread.
</div></div>

Oh, so now your saying that any disabled child that is out there is a bad person?! WTF is YOUR mental malfunction? How dare you presume to know every disabled child's personality.

An yet more silliness from the resident Hide troll, donttrytorun.

But yet, despite knowing he is only here to troll, people still ALWAYS feed the troll anyway. They just can't help themselves...

I don't know why everyone here has so much trouble expressing themselves, and saying what they really mean.