• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

McFarland Gas rings / AR-10 ?

Baddog 0302

Private
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2013
Panhandle of FLA
Are McFarland gas seal rings all the same , or are they brand specific ? I thought I'd ask here before going through some of the "big box" stores looking.
I have an Armalite AR-10-T I used as a build. I've contacted Armalite, but haven't herd back from them.
I've read that IF the bolt stays in place,either out and dosen's slip back in the housing when it is place with the bolt up. or it dosen't slip out/down when the housing is held with the bolt at the bottom ?

Thank you

Last edited:
I don’t have a definitive answer for you but I’m guessing yes. I don’t think there is any difference in the circumference of DPMS and Armalite gas rings. With that being said Armalite has them in stock, why don’t you order 3-4 from them to make shipping worth it and you’ll know they will work. You could email McFarland directly and find out for sure.