• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MCM A-5: Is it ambidextrous?

cactusbrew

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2004
Alaska
I'm looking at a new build and am contemplating an MCM A5 adjustable. I have looked online and wanted to verify the stock is truly ambidextrous. It'll be built as a right handed bolt gun but I want to make sure I can shoot it both right and left handed.

With some stocks theres an issue with palm swell, etc making it difficult to shoot left handed. So for you guys out there with the A5, is there any issues switching it up and shooting left hand? I'd really like the hear the grip is the exact same when held right and left hand.

Thanks in advance.

Re: MCM A-5: Is it ambidextrous?

If you are right handed, why would you be shooting your precision rifle left handed? Are you cross eye dominant?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lw8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are right handed, why would you be shooting your precision rifle left handed? Are you cross eye dominant? </div></div>

Im left handed and do the majority of my shooting left handed and prefer my bolt guns to be right handed. Though i do shoot kneeling right handed, if need be, because i have a knee that will not bend. I only do this though in a hunting situation when no other choices are readily available.

As a teen, i shot smallbore competitively both right and left handed as long as i was able to wear an eye patch to cover my left dominant eye (when shooting right handed).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lw8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are right handed, why would you be shooting your precision rifle left handed? Are you cross eye dominant? </div></div>

As if that has some relevance using a monocular sighting system.

Yes the A5 is ambi in its proportions, however it does need to be inletted correctly to work with a left side bolt handle.