• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing McM A-5 LOP

Hi Speed

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2006
Chester, S.C.
I have a GAP Crusader in .308 that wears a McMillan A-5 and the LOP makes me feel a little cramped. The scope is where I need it for proper cheek weld I just need a couple of inches added for comfort.

How can i go about increasing LOP

Re: McM A-5 LOP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hi Speed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BUMP for some input please. </div></div>

McMillan may be able to retrofit their LOP spacer system, but you'd have to call them.

If you don't want to send it back to McM for the adjustable spacer system, you could have a smith fit a longer pad to it.

I dealt with this on my own stock a few months ago. I called Mcmillan and they told me $180 and said it would take about 3 months. I asked if they could just send me the parts and I could install it and they said they would,but they prefer to install it. The price on the parts were $180. I guess the install is free or they just really dont want people doing their own mods. To add the adjustable cheek piece was $125. I decided to say screw it and just went another direction and bough an AICS 2.0. It is a Gap rifle, when I called Gap, the guy I talked to suggested that if I needed both mods that I just have them get me a different stock.