• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing MCM A5 and PT&G bottom metal??

operator1

Minuteman
Nov 15, 2004
Youngsville, NC
Anyone have or seen Dave Kiff's Remington 700 bottom metal. I have a Mcmillan A5 inletted for Rem. BDL and tried a Williams trigger guard. It is a very sloppy fit. Can anyone tell me if PT&G fits any better?

Re: MCM A5 and PT&G bottom metal??

I just ordered the PT&G tactical bottom metal. I will post some pics when it arrives. I hope it fits better than the Williams.

I just got some and it fits the inlet well the fit of the mag release is a little off, no chance of the floorplate coming open its just a little stiff. could be the metal coating I used but I am happy with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: exnarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got some and it fits the inlet well the fit of the mag release is a little off, no chance of the floorplate coming open its just a little stiff. could be the metal coating I used but I am happy with it. </div></div>

What kind of stock you have?

I have the PT&G stainless steel bottom metal in an A5 stock inletted for a Rem BDL and it fits perfectly. No issues and have been very pleased with it.

This is good to know as I have a McM on order and opt'd with the basic BDL inlet as I wasn't sure of what I would end up with (floor-plate wise) by the time it arrives. I've been eye-balling the PT&G Tactical bottom metal and think I'll give it a try. I have a Williams plate in my HS stock and really like it but am always open to different ideas / products.