• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McM HTG vs Manners MCS-T

Bevan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2009
Any comments? I tried search but all it gave me was a million "for sale" threads.

Looking for comments on ergos, quality, inletting, strength, weight, value etc

Re: McM HTG vs Manners MCS-T

Ergos between the 2 are very similar.

Quality, IMO, goes to the Manners as of late. The last couple McMillan stocks I have gotten have had flaws and or cracks in them. Fixable, but for the price and wait time, should you have to.

Inletting on both have been fine for me...Manners MIGHT be a little bit more "Finished"

Strength, Manners. I haven't put mine through the abuse and can't say first hand, but they parked a truck on it....

Weight, you can choose how you want it to end up. Light fill, heavy fill, and featherweight. Or even what you want the final weight to be.

Value. Manners, hands down. They have a shorter lead time and generally run less money.

I have both and both have served, I have 2 on order through Manners right now, they have earned my loyalty with a great product and super Customer Service.

I have only experience with the HTGs I really like them. I know some guys say they have trouble with a cheek weld an the comb should be higher. I think the Manners has a higher comb.

From my understanding both stocks would be top notch. I have tried most of the different styles but have come back to the HTGs. I just like the feel of them. They will take anything from a stock barrel up to a number 7 an look good doing it.

I would say you couldn't go wrong with either stock. I perfer the look of the HTGs but once again thats a personl opinion on my part.

Both are fantastic!!

The MCST is a better stock because of ergo, The comb is way to low on the HTG.

You should compare the MCST to the adjustable HTG in my opinion.

I have a MCST and simply love it. That being said I have an adjustable HTG on order as we speak. The main reason for that is I wanted a stock with the custom swirl camo under the gelcoat.

The value of the MCST is hard to beat. If manners does come out with a gelcoat version. It will be hard to order any more MCMs.

I also feel that the HTG comb is too low to shoot comfortably.

I was deciding between the McMillan Varmint stock and the Manners MCS-T w/ 90% carbon fiber fill. Both have a high comb which is important to me. Ended up buying one of each.

Got the McMillan Varmint, put an Eagle stock pack on and line of sight is perfect with my 40mm Leupold and still can remove the bolt, also important to me. Still waiting on my MCS-T and plan on using a stock pack with it too.

I do believe that the MCS-T has the highest comb available from McMillan or Manners in a hunting stock with out adding adjustable cheek. Both are worth the wait and price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raptor99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have only experience with the HTGs I really like them. I know some guys say they have trouble with a cheek weld an the comb should be higher. I think the Manners has a higher comb.

From my understanding both stocks would be top notch. I have tried most of the different styles but have come back to the HTGs. I just like the feel of them. They will take anything from a stock barrel up to a number 7 an look good doing it.

I would say you couldn't go wrong with either stock. I perfer the look of the HTGs but once again thats a personl opinion on my part. </div></div>

I have never handled a Manners, but I, too, like the HTG. The ergos are not what they could be, but I strap on a stock pack and am ready to go. It is such a classy stock, I can forgive its few shortcomings.

For user-friendly stocks, it is hard to beat the McMillan Marksman. Somehow I have ended up with a couple of A2s and like them, too. I may just be easy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .257</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You wont need the stock pack on the MCST. And you will not be able to remove the bolt if you do. The comb is high</div></div>

Even better.