• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan A-3, likes, dislikes?

GAHunterJim

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2023
Florida
I have a few McMillan stocks, mainly the Game Hunter, and I'm thinking about an A-3 for my Defiance Tenacity/Proof Carbon 24"/6.5CM. I like the clean lines of the stock but have not handled one. Any experiences would be appreciated.

The grip is a little short top-to-bottom and the trigger reach might be a bit long, obviously dependant on hand size.
If you do get one, order it with an adjustable cheek-piece and vertically-adjustable buttplate (heel of the butt always sat kinda low in the shoulder for me when shooting prone).
I'd look at their more recent offerings. Definitely try before you buy.

Reactions: GAHunterJim
The grip is a little short top-to-bottom and the trigger reach might be a bit long, obviously dependant on hand size.
If you do get one, order it with an adjustable cheek-piece and vertically-adjustable buttplate (heel of the butt always sat kinda low in the shoulder for me when shooting prone).
I'd look at their more recent offerings. Definitely try before you buy.
I have a few of their Game Hunters which I like, I'm mainly looking for something different. Will add an Arca rail, pic rail. Thinking replacing this stock and dropping this rig in it.

If you plan on shooting it a lot and like to get the most 90deg trigger press possible without having to modify your grip....look into something like the A-10.

The A5/3 grip is very far back from the trigger guard and only those with the largest of hands can grip it "normally" while also getting the proper 90deg press.

If you plan on shooting it a lot and like to get the most 90deg trigger press possible without having to modify your grip....look into something like the A-10.

The A5/3 grip is very far back from the trigger guard and only those with the largest of hands can grip it "normally" while also getting the proper 90deg press.
Thanks for the info!