• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan A1-3 for a Savage MK11 .22LR?

Former0302

Private
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2008
Baltimore County
Has anyone ever heard of anyone inletting this stock for a Savage MKII?

I have this stock on my Remington 700 in .308 and would love to create a .22LR trainer with a rifle I already own.

Re: McMillan A1-3 for a Savage MK11 .22LR?

The comfiguration will not interchange. The mag well area is completely different between the 2. I have looked extensively into it. If you could get a blank stock it could be inleted for the MK II., but it can only be done with wood as the composite stocks are molded and can non be made as blanks as far as I know.

Sharp Shooter Supply has a stock for the MK II but 8 weeks out. I have 1 on order.

I did a post earlier about Stillers coming out later this year with a repeater action. I have 1 on order for an AICS chassis that is also on order. Costly. I also shoot a Savage MK II for now. Great starter gun.

You might want to wait on the Remington 40. McMillan will be inletting for the Savage MKII shortly, give them a call. Last I spoke with Mr. Davis, he was waiting on a MKII to be delivered to him to get the inletting program for them. IIRC, he said they would offer the inlet in any stock they could to a 700 Remington inlet for, which is pretty much all of them!