• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mcmillan A3 Edge vs Manners MCS 90%

RemingtonSPS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2008
Tri-Cities, WA
Does anybody have a Mcmillan A3 with the Edge technology? i was curious what the weight would be. I went with the Manners MCS-T 90% carbon and the grip on it doesn't quite feel as nice as the A3. Comments on comparison of the two? My Manners came out to 2.5 lbs, a little heavier than expected.

Re: Mcmillan A3 Edge vs Manners MCS 90%

I'll weigh my A3 edge when I get it next month
laugh.gif

Given the other EDGE stocks I own, I would "guess" that and A3 would come in right around #2.

Seems like my Compact and McM Classic are 22-24 ounces.

Mine and my brothers stocks are 90% Carbon Manners stocks and were close to .5 lb over what was expected. I like the A3 alot but it would have to weigh the same or less than the Manners to warrant a switch for me.

I just received my A3 edge with a defiance short action inlet, BO M5 bottom inlet and a 14" LOP. I haven't weighed it yet but will. I would also guess around 2lbs. and some change. I'll let you know.

what recoil pads are on them as they are a very heavy component and other things like swivels or adjustable hardware will make a diference it would be interesting to see a comparison between two siminarly equiped stocks.

I've two EDGE A-5s and they are a tad over 2 lbs, IIRC.
Makes for a 12.4 lb. finished rifle, as shown...
Newbatch008.jpg

Nice rifle.

Good point on the similar hardware. My MCS-T has a fixed cheek piece, Decelerator pad, and a couple of mike's studs.

what recoil pads are on the Edge stocks standard? i ask this because the decelorators are close to a pound straight up in the large size?

The A3 Edge I have in the shop right now weighs 2.28lbs. The MCS-T with 90% shell weighs 2.32lbs. Pretty close to the same and the A3 has a larger M5 cutout vs the bdl on the MCS-T. Both have varmint contour, decell, 3 studs, Rem S/A inlet.

Reactions: DJL2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The A3 Edge I have in the shop right now weighs 2.28lbs. The MCS-T with 90% shell weighs 2.32lbs. Pretty close to the same and the A3 has a larger M5 cutout vs the bdl on the MCS-T. Both have varmint contour, decell, 3 studs, Rem S/A inlet. </div></div>

MuleHunter, my stock is virtually identical to 7AM's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anybody have a Mcmillan A3 with the Edge technology? i was curious what the weight would be. I went with the Manners MCS-T 90% carbon and the grip on it doesn't quite feel as nice as the A3. Comments on comparison of the two? My Manners came out to 2.5 lbs, a little heavier than expected. </div></div>

If you wanted a grip close to the A3 you should have had a T2 built. Mcst stocks usually sell very easily. I love mine. You can always have a T2 built as light as possible. IMO The T2 is way nicer than a A3

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: knockemdown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've two EDGE A-5s and they are a tad over 2 lbs, IIRC.
Makes for a 12.4 lb. finished rifle, as shown...
Newbatch008.jpg

</div></div>

Damn, that's a slick set up for 12.5lbs w/scope. What bbl contour is that?

The edge fill is so light it makes me wonder about it's durability.