• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan A4/M40A5 with 700 clone

PRSDietitian

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2023
Texas
Has anyone used an m40A5 spec stock with a custom 700 clone like a defiance or lone peak? How much material did you have to remove?

Since I haven't seen anyone reply to this, I thought I'd inject some rather worthless hypotheses.

I would think that you might have to mill a little for the side bolt release, and to match the stock to the extended port of the action. That SHOULD (hopefully) be it.

Thats what i was thinking as well. I emailed Charlies and they said they can only guarantee it'll work with a regular remington 700

Thats what i was thinking as well. I emailed Charlies and they said they can only guarantee it'll work with a regular remington 700

It would be a simple 7-axis CNC (Dremel) fix to get the dimensions correct. However, you would cut through the gel coat, and that is harder to fix and make appear original. I think I remember somewhere that a guy used an automotive glazing putty.

As far as the action fitment inside the stock...no issues.

yeah im considering having either West Texas Ordnance or Porter Precision here in texas see if they can get the action fitted for the stock, bed it and get the muzzle end of the barrel turned down for the OTB suppressor mount. But wanted to see if anyone had any experience they could expand on.