• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan A4 mixed with A1-3?

dontstrokeme

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2007
Port Angeles, WA
Looking at the A4's rear vertical grip I feel like I miss my A3 stock....but the A4 seems very chunky.

Has anyone thought about an A4 from the forward action screw to the buttpad (REAR)and A1-3 in the forend (FRONT)?

I think that would be a pretty bodacious stock if used in a Edge fill.....

Or did I just describe another stock that is already out there? Other way of thinking is the Manners GAT since it is light, small forend and has a fairly vertical grip, just not huge like the A4.

Just thinking the A3-5 had to come from somewhere too....

Re: McMillan A4 mixed with A1-3?

Dont go screwin with the best thing about an A4- the GRIP! The rest of the stock is nearly perfect, but the grip IS perfect!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dont go screwin with the best thing about an A4- the GRIP! The rest of the stock is nearly perfect, but the grip IS perfect! </div></div>
Amen, I almost forgot how perfect it was until I got my Lima today, it really is the most comfortable stock ever made to me. IMHO

No I like the grip on the A4...but would rather the less blocky forend of the A1-3.

A4 from action to butt and A1-3 from action towards barrel.

Everybody likes the blocky forend of the A4? I have never personally fielded an A4 but they look much larger than the A1-3 and honestly my A1-3 is about as large of a forend as I can see being practical for mobility and improvised (non prone) shooting.

Am I wrong in that thought?
confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the forearm on the A4. </div></div>
+ 1, not the best for offhand but a great overall stock.