• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mcmillan A4

alien319

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2007
PA
www.curtispittman.net
What is standard fill and sniper fill? I am looking at getting one of the A4 stocks in Olive Drab. I don't know much about them. What are these fills?

Re: Mcmillan A4

Give 'em a call. They can answer your Qs the best.
McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, Inc
1638 W. Knudsen Dr., Suite 101
Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA
Phone:: 623.582.9635
Fax:: 623.581.3825
Hours: M-F 7:00 - 3:30 PM MST

Thanks 7mmRM. I was just wondering if anybody knew off the top of their heads. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what all I can ask. Thanks for their info, though!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Give 'em a call. They can answer your Qs the best.
McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, Inc
1638 W. Knudsen Dr., Suite 101
Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA
Phone:: 623.582.9635
Fax:: 623.581.3825
Hours: M-F 7:00 - 3:30 PM MST
</div></div>

If anyone would know about an A4 it's 7mmRM!

I did a quick google search, and i came up with this kinda clears some stuff up

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryan Melancon, McMillan Fiberglass Stocks </div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sniper fill is just more of a dense fill in the action area. Its solid fiberglass with our epoxy instead of sporter fill which is just less dense fiberglass and fiberglass micro bubbles. Also, in sniper fill we fill the butt of the stocks with real light weight fiberglass and in sporter fill we fill the butt with a dense foam. The forearms are filled the same way. Really sniper fill is only needed for heavy recoiling rifles like .338 RUM or if your wanting to torque your screws down to 65" lbs. To be honest, some guys just get it because they like the name "sniper fill". </div></div>
source= https://www.snipercentral.com/forums/vie...943286b990c7cb3

so it appears its not intended to add weight...

An A4 with Sniper fill, saddle cheekpiece and spacer system will weight approximately 4lbs 10oz but it depends on exactly what it is inletted for as well as if it is painted or molded in.