• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan a5 no longer on the website?

Penguin156

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2011
Wisconsin
I was just browsing the McMillan website and I didn't see the a5 listed under the tactical Stocks anymore. Does anyone know what's up?

Re: McMillan a5 no longer on the website?

I was under the impression that it sold very well. Well this sucks. I was planing on one.

manners is selling the shit out of t4a's, lol. probably a reason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RotARy15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was under the impression that it sold very well. Well this sucks. I was planing on one. </div></div>

I feel the same. Hopefully there will be enough of them out there in a 700sa GAP camo when I finally have the cash to buy one.

No way that stock is discontinued. WAY to popular. Probably just a glitch in their website.

I hope it's not true. I have my .308 in one and I was going to take my .300 out of the A4 and put it in an A5 to match my .308.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">manners is selling the shit out of t4a's, lol. probably a reason </div></div>

That's what I was thinking.

Damn, I like the A5 and was thinking of buying one from another site (Christmas sale). Haven't seen/held the manners

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jammyband</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it was seriously discontinued? dang that was the stock I was planning on puting on my savage ;( </div></div>
I talked to Savage yesterday, they have them in stock, $700'ish

It looks like the options on the left have changed on their website. I bet it's a glitch....

It's probably their best selling stock.

There is no way they discontinued the the A5........

I'm local in Phoenix and just shot an email to my McMillan contact -- should have a confirmed answer next week.

They are putting together an A5 for me right now... glitch in the site

Don't worry about it guys, we just finished work on our new catalog, added 11 new stocks this year, and got better photos of some that didn't show well. They are just getting started on up-dating the web-site with the new stocks and new photos, and were working on it at close of business Friday. The A-5 is still here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3rdgss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No way that stock is discontinued. WAY to popular. Probably just a glitch in their website. </div></div>

What he said

A5 is too popular to be discontinued. I have two rifles with that stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was discontinued due to low sales. </div></div>
You guys are gullible as hell! The A5 is one of the best selling stocks in the past couple years. I'm sure it's still available.

I once asked McMillan what their #1 selling stock was. With out hesitation they said "A5"

Yea, like the A5 would ever be discontinued.

Just looked at the website and the A-5 is there now.

not to thread jack...i prefer the looks of the a5 to the manners t4...but if closing ones eyes and held both back to back, is there a very big difference in feel?

I love my McM A5 however I'm seriously contemplating getting a Manners T4 + Chassis for my next build. Between the price point and the chassis its a compelling argument for Manners IMO

Monty

Yes there is a different feel between the two stocks. The T4's grip is slightly bigger around and a more vertical than that of the A5. Personally I think the grip on the A5 is more comfortable for a gun that gets used for multiple tasks (Target shooting, Matches, Hunting), but the Manners are also very comfortable to me when shooting prone. My favorite thing about the Mcmillan is the molded in camo/colors, it is very hard to scratch and does not show wear like the manners. The Manners does come in molded-in colors as well, but you are limited to a few choices.

They updated everything. The A5 for a Savage centerfeed DBM was listed as straight comb and saddle only. Now the A5 is listed as available for all Savage models.

Excellent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was discontinued due to low sales. </div></div>

Real responsible reporting right there!!!... Work for CBS ??
Sad..just sad.

A5 lives forever!...just ask McM..thanks Dick