• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing McMillan A5 torque spec?

Erud

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2005
Going to change a trigger and was just wondering if someone knows the torque spec off the top of their head. A quick search herre and at McMillan's site didn't turn up an answer. I'm thinking around 60-70lbs/in? Thanks for any help,

Erik

Re: McMillan A5 torque spec?

Action torque is 65"#, but the most important thing is to not crunch th e'glass and keep both cap screws at the same torque. I do mine in 5# increments on my A5 as I hit 45"#. I get to 60"# and stop so I won't crunch the 'glass as it starts to flex a bit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Action torque is 65"#, but the most important thing is to not crunch th e'glass and keep both cap screws at the same torque. I do mine in 5# increments on my A5 as I hit 45"#. I get to 60"# and stop so I won't crunch the 'glass as it starts to flex a bit </div></div>

Sounds like a smart way to do it - I will follow suit. Thanks for the advice!

Erik

does your stock have pillars installed or no? If no pillars id rock it at about 50-55 INCH lbs if the pillars id run it up to 60-65 INCH lbs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does your stock have pillars installed or no? If no pillars id rock it at about 50-55 INCH lbs if the pillars id run it up to 60-65 INCH lbs
</div></div>

+1

Thanks guys, I torqued it down slowly to 65# in small steps. Just to answer the questions, it has pillars and Badger DBM.

Thanks,
Erik

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Erud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys, I torqued it down slowly to 65# in small steps. Just to answer the questions, it has pillars and Badger DBM.

Thanks,
Erik </div></div>

With pillars and M5 65"# for sure.