• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan Actions (Older Models)

03psd

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2006
Oklahoma
Looked at a used left handed McMillan Signature Rifle in .338WM today. It had to be an early model. It didnt have the M logo but rather just had McMillan Firearms and the city in block letters on the right side of the action. It had a smooth bolt (not fluted) with a remington looking knob. The rear of the bolt was squared off like the current models and it had a remington style safety. I looked around Mcmillans web site and couldnt find anything similar.

What is the consensus on these actions for a starting point for a long action build? Remember I am a lefty so my options are limited to begin with. The rifle I was looking at was rough, the barrel had the finish worn off in places on the top and muzzle. It was in a synthetic stock, probably a McMillan hunting model and they wanted $895. Go or no go?