• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

McMillan black / tan marble photo request

ricard13

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2019
Does anyone here happen to have any McMillan stocks that are a Black / Medium Tan marble? I am considering doing a 50% black a d 50% Medium Tan and am just looking to see if anyone has some pictures before ordering. Please list your stock and the colors / ratios of color. Thanks!

There is a McSwirlys sticky over at 24CF under the custom rifle subforum.
If it is the one I’m thinking of it has been dead for years and most the photos are no longer visible. I have actually scanned through that before. Thanks!

Here’s two from the net. They’re claiming olive but the olive is pretty slight to almost non-existant, especially the second pic under the receiver and through the grip. Also, if you ask for “RAD” pattern, the striping will be vertical instead of angling forward, and usually the color stripes are narrower

82C8FF71-F598-4D3B-A40B-D4C332DF4B42.jpeg
47218EFF-8E55-4367-B41B-233147478C7E.jpeg

Here’s two from the net. They’re claiming olive but the olive is pretty slight to almost non-existant, especially the second pic under the receiver and through the grip. Also, if you ask for “RAD” pattern, the striping will be vertical instead of angling forward, and usually the color stripes are narrower
This is awesome info. I should have included in the original post that I have a stock that I would like to mimic. I was only asking for images because I’m concerned that it will not turn out similar. From scouring the internet I see that the McMillan patterns can go from tiger stripe pattern to completely swirled together and ‘stringy’ looking. I love the stock in my included picture, but am worried I won’t like the 50/50 black and medium tan if it isn’t the thicker, more bold, tiger stripe pattern.
2F704E4B-B271-477C-A86B-31C7C8F59C12.jpeg

This one was 60% black, 20% tan, 20% green
2011 300wm crop.jpg