• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing McMillan Carbon Fiber Stock non-adj cheek rest options

Nomad_chew

My gun shoots better than me…
Minuteman
  • Mar 13, 2012
    NC
    So I won a McMillan A5 non adjustable carbon fiber stock. Its for my 300 Norma build.

The problem is I need some form of a cheek riser.

I am polling to see what other options I have. I know I can't cut into the carbon fiber, and I already know about the karstens and bradley style cheek rests.

I just wanna see if there are any other options that I am not aware of.
    Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Someone posted up a pic of one they made from i believe what was “pre-preg” CF.

I believe you could make a quickly removable adj cheek piece from that. Would look cool if your stock is raw CF and not painted up.

How much rise do you need? I have made a couple by heat forming Kydex to the combe, trimming to shape and stuck on with black silicone. Inexpensive, easy to do and looks good.

I won a Manners a few years ago, but wanted something different. I gave them a call, and they took the stock as a full credit towards what I really wanted.

Give Manners a call...they are head and shoulders above all for customer service.

I have done mcmillan and manners carbon fiber stocks without any issue. Let me know.

There's a bit more to just cutting into the stock I'm afraid.

Manner's stocks in the non "A" configuration typically use a foam type sound deadening material in the back half. They'll pack hard fill in the grip, transition to foam, then cap it with another hard layer for the recoil pad.

The cheek piece goes right where the "sponge cake" is. There's no getting around it. Can it still be done? Absolutely! It's just more work.

1522184599229.png

1522184634202.png

Rather than regurgitate, just click here:

https://www.longriflesinc.com/collections/products/products/2-4ultach-cheeck-hardware

https://www.longriflesinc.com/colle...ducts/gunsmithing-services-2-4-ultach-install

Attachments

• 1522184571702.png
      1522184571702.png
      189.8 KB · Views: 45