• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan flush fit rails and stock integrity

Guns&WhiteWater

Shall not be infringed
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2017
Tellico Plains, TN
I’m having an A5 built and am leaning towards having a rail installed into the forend that would enable the use of MLok bolt on picatinny and RRS rails. The rail would be inlet flush, so material would have to be removed from the stock. Has anyone had any issues doing this? Should I be concerned with a loss of stock integrity? The rail I’m wanting to use is the RSR Rail by Henderson Precision. The stock is for a 308.

I had an Ingenuity Gun Works rail inlet into my A5 on my Vudoo 22LR and have never experienced any issues with stock integrity. May not answer your question but it’s data.

Reactions: Guns&WhiteWater
Zero issues in my A3A.
52782432-27A4-4718-B393-DABE9D345C15.jpeg
E6830332-8EC3-49D4-9C46-4B24CA6EF1F4.jpeg
38FFC0CF-7A93-4435-A8BB-A1BCE170B266.jpeg

That’s a beautiful setup. If you don’t mind, who inlet that rail for you? I’m interested is same or something similar for a new build. Thanks...

Travis at TS Customs in Huron SD. built the rifle and Daniel at Primal Finish in TN. did the Cerakote work.

Looks like a slow less convenient system can an ingenuity gunworks rail

Not familiar with the ingenuity Gun works rail but this one works perfect for me. I can easily switch between my Precision Underground front bag and my RRS Anvil without moving anything. I’m actually sitting in my deer stand as we speak and have my front bag attached. Works great on a shooting rail. I don’t compete I just hunt with this rifle and could not be please more with the rail Travis inlayed.
Here is a pic.
image.jpg

Pic with RRS attached
62FCAC23-D2BF-45D4-985F-4AF21EFA0140.jpeg

Last edited:
Not familiar with the ingenuity Gun works rail but this one works perfect for me. I can easily switch between my Precision Underground front bag and my RRS Anvil without moving anything. I’m actually sitting in my deer stand as we speak and have my front bag attached. Works great on a shooting rail. I don’t compete I just hunt with this rifle and could not be please more with the rail Travis inlayed.
Here is a pic.
View attachment 7464451

Pic with RRS attached
View attachment 7464455
Thanks for the replies guys. That’s a slick setup Painless. My 308 will be used in a similar fashion, perhaps more shooting than hunting. I wanted flexibility and the ability to swap accessories with my chassis competition rifle. I’ve ordered the RSR rail and MCMillan is going to install it. Then it’s off to Joe Ducos for the Loggerhead installation. I’m really looking forward to this A5, as I am going for the classic old-school feel with this 308, complete with a S&B 5-25 P4f.