• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD *SOLD!* McMillan HTG black for Winchester M70/FN SPR

Basher

I fly stuff and I know things.
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2004
Lafayette IN, USA
I got this off the Hide maybe two months ago or so. Sadly, much like the prior owner, plans have changed and I need to let it go. It’s inlet for Winchester M70 or FN SPR actions and the one piece bottom metal, but can easily be opened up for the TBM or CDI detachable bottom metal. I paid $300 shipped, and will ask the same. No trades, please. Any questions, just ask. Thanks!

what is the barrel channel?

I’m not entirely positive, but it appears to be a heavy varmint. My SPR almost fits, but the channel is a tiny touch tight just ahead of the chamber. I can take additional photos in the morning, but it should be very easy to open up to an M24 or so.

what is the barrel channel?

OK, from what I can tell, the barrel channel is 1.200” for the first 1.650”, then tapers down to 1.000” over the next 1.250”, and then very slowly tapers down to 0.900” for the remainder of the channel.

So it’s pretty close to a Varmint/Sendero, or kind of between a Varmint and Medium Palma. These open up pretty easily, however, and your smith should be able to do so fairly quickly at the same time they’re inletting for your chosen DBM, if you go that route.

Here it is side by side with the McMillan A5 stock the SPR comes in.

Attachments

• 7E50DBEC-649A-4293-9972-1427603D55EE.jpeg
    7E50DBEC-649A-4293-9972-1427603D55EE.jpeg
    842.4 KB · Views: 26