• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan HTG for Tikka

Seventy 1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2007
Canada
Hello,
was wondering if McMillan makes the HTG to fit a Tikka T3's or not? I'm aware of the A5 but not sure for the HTG. Sure would like to set up a walking varmint rig with that stock.

Thanks

Re: McMillan HTG for Tikka

According to their website, no. I would still call them.

While your at it call Manners stocks.

I love my SEVERAL HTGs, but it is still a hunting stock. If you take the time to check out the stocks McMillan does inlet for the Tika, you will probably come up with something that looks an HTG. The Sako stocks would probably serve you well.

I just talked to Kaye at McMillan this afternoon. Needless to say she was helpful and pleasant.

I just went to the website and the Sako Hunter(up to a #5 Douglas) and Sako Varmint(up to a #8 Douglas) both look nice.

Sako Hunter does look good and would work. Thanks guys. Now to remember on this site who was making steel recoil lugs for the bedding of the action.

Thanks again guys, this site never ceases to amaze me with helpful info!!!

We now have a Sako/Tikka/Howa version of the HTG and can inlet this stock for most of these actions. We just finished the new mold a couple of weeks ago and it is not up on the web-site yet.
Dick at McMillans

P.S. When we inlet stocks for the Tikka T3 rifles the stocks come equiped with a steel recoil lug already in them. This is a slightly different size than the factory aluminum one and is the same lug we use (used) for the TRG-S stocks. Sorry but we do not sell these lugs seperate as they are not a proper replacement fit in the factory stocks.
By the way we just finished the adjustable cheekpiece version of the HTG for the Sako/Tikka rifles so now we have both a fixed comb version and an adjustable cheekpiece version.
Dick at McMillans

Will McMillan make available to the public the " rifleman " stock that Precision Stock Works is using or might it be proprietary to them and contracted to McMillan?

I just thought of something. McMillan is nice enough to have arranged exportation in place for direct ordering from Canadian flunkies like me. I doubt PSW can export them to Canada. ??