• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan Hunters Edge Stock Question

Jethro80

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2011
North Texas
I'm sure I could make a phone call to answer this question but it's after hours and I know someone here probably knows the answer to my question.

I have a Browning X Bolt that I'm considering putting a different stock on. Does McMillan inlet the Hunters edge stock for my action and a sportier barrel profile?

Thanks

Re: McMillan Hunters Edge Stock Question

False, The new Browning X-Bolt rifles do not fit properly into any of our current stock designs and we do not inlet for or provide any stocks for these rifles.
A new mold for a stock design is about $3000 to $4000. If we would make a stock design for the X-bolt what type of stock would we make? A classic hunting stock design, sako Hunter type design, a varmint stock, a special version of all of our tactical stocks, etc. It would take a lot of options to keep everybody happy and at $3500 apiece this could add up to a lot of money to invest in designs for a rifle that we only get about one request a month for a stock for.
I'm afraid we have to wait a few years until there are enough of these in the market place to justify the investment in molds for them.

Re: McMillan Hunters Edge Stock Question

Okay go to game plan 2.

Order a flat top model and send to Chad Dixon and have him inlet and bed the barrel action for you.