• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan M40a1's w/ MST-100

konabully

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Apr 25, 2004
    PHX & So-Cal
    Heads up! Limited run of McMillan M40a1's complete with USO MST-100 scopes and return stocks. These are the last of the MST-100 scopes w/ base, clipslot, stamped, and come with an additional USMC return stock. Only 20 units made. Comes with certificates of authenticity:

http://mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-rifles-commemorative-rifle.php

http://mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-rifles-commemorative-rifle-m40a1.php

m40a1-commemorative-rifle.jpg

Re: McMillan M40a1's w/ MST-100

Actually a pretty fair price considering you get the scope, base, and 2 stocks (1 original turn-in)............. I'd sell a kidney for the scope & base.... bout the only way I could afford one! (they are running $2,500+ for just the scope & the base & rings are running about another $450 if you can find them!)....

Very interesting for a complete package. But it's still a bit pricey when adding up the numbers................. Maybe I'm just cheap.

I personally think that is way too much money. I think the better buy would be a GAP M40A1 with the MST.

Comes in a Pelican case as well.

If I had the cash, I would do it. In 15 years you will be able to get what you paid for it plus more.

Over $3k in scope and mount alone. Yeah it's spendy, but I talked to Jerry about these and they really took time to make a very detailed build.

Thing about the MST is, no more being made. Take that for what it's worth if you want a A1 spec build...

Plus you get a 2 day rifle course at Mcmillan.Doesn't seem bad at all if its what you want turn key ready to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tinbendur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I personally think that is way too much money. I think the better buy would be a GAP M40A1 with the MST. </div></div>

Good luck finding one of the MST's.

I think I had just shy of $7K into my M40A1 by the time it was done, all spread out over a two year time frame so it was not that painful. It is a lot of $$$$ for what you get, but if you just have to have a replica A1 immediately then there is your rifle all ready to go.

I think its a good deal considering McMIllan actually made some real M40A1s for certain agencies. plus it comes with 2 stocks. even the repro stock comes with molded in wichita swivels something your smith cant do.

Ok, I guess if I had the dough I would buy one. But GAP does offer the MST as a scope option. It is a killer piece of history.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper2ndrep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think its a good deal considering McMIllan actually made some real M40A1s for certain agencies. plus it comes with 2 stocks. even the repro stock comes with molded in wichita swivels something your smith cant do. </div></div>
    Sure, but you can order it that way from McMillan.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tinbendur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I personally think that is way too much money. I think the better buy would be a GAP M40A1 with the MST.</div></div>

Well my GAP M40A1 with MST and Storm case wasn't that far behind this one on price.......

I'm guessing there's guys out there who would pay an additional premium for the returned stock and certificate?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper2ndrep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think its a good deal considering McMIllan actually made some real M40A1s for certain agencies. plus it comes with 2 stocks. even the repro stock comes with molded in wichita swivels something your smith cant do. </div></div>

You can order the Wichita swivels via the website I believe?

PLUS - a two day training course?

The price starts to look pretty similar to GAP or TBA when you add it all up....

MCMillan, worked hand in hand with USMC when M40A1 was developed so it only seems natural for them to offer this as they should be able to still build them the way the USMC did.

Just for an example McMillan built me an M40A1 in 1984, so they have a bit of experience offering to public. I was hardly the first to get one.

With take offs going for what they are and getting real parts I say this is priced at what they will bring.

I just ordered 2 of them.

One for me and one for a friend so I know for a fact that they only have 18 left at this point.

Now the question, do I shoot it or look at it?

If I shoot it I will always be sorry I shot it.
    If I dont shoot it, I will always be sorry I didnt.

I will go crazy just thinking about it! LOL

Lin

Well....if they are identical the only reason I could see that she'd ever know is (a) if she holds the purse strings and (b) if she ever saw them together at the same time
    laugh.gif
    laugh.gif

And if she ever catches you....I'd certainly try to take one off your hands!

A rifle you don't shoot ain't worth a damn, much less $8500...

BTW, where do I get a Lin Schryver friend application?

My M40 will be done soon, and I full on intend on wearing it out.

Lin,if you don't shoot it ,well its just not right.My m40a1 is my all time favorite rifle above Ai,and my Trg . It's just a great rifle system.I'm sure you'll enjoy it.I usually shoot a minimum of 100 rounds each range trip,thats twice a month.Its 80s technology but its a proven platform.

I shoot mine and love it. I've got better guns for matches, but my A1 is a blast to shoot!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A rifle you don't shoot ain't worth a damn, much less $8500...

BTW, where do I get a Lin Schryver friend application?

My M40 will be done soon, and I full on intend on wearing it out. </div></div>

Lin Schryver friend application?

LOL

I always tell my wife that certain guns that come in are my keepers.
    She just laughs because she knows everything is for sale and nothing ever seems to stick around more than a week here.

Lin

Mine will be buried with me, just so my ungrateful little children can't sell it off and buy booze and cigarettes...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine will be buried with me, just so my ungrateful little children can't sell it off and buy booze and cigarettes... </div></div>

LOL. Thats funny. I would love to have one but, $8500.00. My wife would leave me for sure. She already hates what guns I have now. If I came home and told her I bought a $8500.00 gun, she would FREAK out on me and I would end up being in the news paper.

Booty

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Booty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My wife would leave me for sure. She already hates what guns I have now. </div></div>
    then why are you married to her?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Booty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My wife would leave me for sure. She already hates what guns I have now. </div></div>
    then why are you married to her? </div></div>

Sounds like a win/win.

Hell my wife shoots mine. She use to shoot a 223 PSS I bought for her. Once she found out how easy it was to dope for range she set the 223 aside and only wants to shoot my A1. I might have to build another.

I'm ordering one...

After numerous MST-100's, return stocks & receivers, and plans to complete my M40A1 build, I LOVE the idea of having it all wrapped up in a neat little package for me!

Thank you, McMillan!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine will be buried with me, just so my ungrateful little children can't sell it off and buy booze and cigarettes... </div></div>
    I agree with you on that,ill have to take mine to the grave aswell.

I keep coming back to this thread and dreaming. I am not worthy or wealthy enough to buy such a setup at a good deal with all the extras. I am kinda jealous
    wink.gif
    and happy for yall at the same time.

CONGRATS
    grin.gif

By the time I saved up enough to get one of these, they'd be long gone
    frown.gif

I can not believe GAP has a supply of MST 100's for their builds. Hope they do but doubt it. Does anyone here know??

Merlinn

They do have it as an upgrade on the bottom of the specs page.
    Don't think they would keep that there if they didn't have some.

I wonder if accidently i cut half of my pinky finger off it would be worth to my insurance company?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rasheed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm ordering one...

After <span style="color: #FF0000">numerous MST-100's, return stocks & receivers</span>, and plans to complete my M40A1 build, I LOVE the idea of having it all wrapped up in a neat little package for me!

Thank you, McMillan!</div></div>

Got anything for sale now that you ordered that complete package from McMillan?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rasheed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm ordering one...

After <span style="color: #FF0000">numerous MST-100's, return stocks & receivers</span>, and plans to complete my M40A1 build, I LOVE the idea of having it all wrapped up in a neat little package for me!

Thank you, McMillan!</div></div>

Got anything for sale now that you ordered that complete package from McMillan? </div></div>

No. I had purchased & sold them off over the years... That was what was so frustrating for me. My time constraints didn't allow me to complete any build.

Run the numbers. It's a big number, but I believe it's worth it.

Good luck with your search.

rasheed

I'm going to call on Monday and order one too, if McMillan still has any available...

Ordered mine today....#6 only 14 left. You guys had better step up, they are working on coating them all right now and building all 20 at once. So they will be ready after the first of the year.

Better get in line, put down your 3K deposit. Call Heather, ask for Jerry and get your ordered too!

Oh yeah I almost forgot, he says that almost all of the return stocks are smears under really krylon some with initials, some with tally marks, and all the other good stuff they would get from years of service.

I talked to McMillan today to order my M40A1 and there are only 4 rifles left. Also from my understanding they have the last 20 MST-100's ever to be made from us optics for these rifles. To good of a deal to pass up.

If I didn't already have a build in progress I'd be seriously looking at getting one. I'd never be able to sell off enough stuff fast enough to get one in time though...these are selling rather quickly.

Just wanted to know if anyone that ordered one received their rifle yet? Wanted to know how they turned out. Can someone post pics when they get theirs? Thanks

If I had the cash this would be a nice set up but with 8 grand I could buy everything else Im wanting to buy

They were suppose to ship back in the middle of Feb. Here is June, still no word. To the best of my knowlege the rifles should be done and ready, but I think they are waiting on USO to complete the assembly and delivery.

Those are very, very sweet rifles. I'd love to have one, but I cannot fathom why a dated platform would be first choice in spending $8k if not for nostalgia alone. If I were a rich man...