• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan Marbled finish in cerakote!

orkan

Primal Rights, Inc.
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Oct 27, 2008
    South Dakota, USA
    www.primalrights.com
    I asked Daniel @ Primal Finish if he thought he could cerakote match my B&T Super-CAL bipod to the McMillan McWoody finish on my TS Customs RimX. He said, "Sure, send me some pictures of it." A few weeks later this is what showed up!

XiUFJN5h.jpg

Pictures truly don't do it justice. In person it looks very close. Through talking about it with Daniel, if I were to send him my stock, he could do a much closer match for any accessories I would want done. The molded-in marbled finish on the McMillans is very popular. I have several of them, and it's very cool that I can now get some matching accessories if I want!

In the future, if I send pictures, he'll do his best at matching it, but if the product arrives and isn't right to my eye, I can pay to have it done again. Pictures can be very deceiving due to lighting and various screens displaying them strangely. So Primal Finish can not be held accountable for making it a 100% match. In this instance it's obvious he did a great job! Otherwise, if I send the stock I want matched with my accessories, then he'll be able to get it right with much more certainty.

I'm definitely very happy with it and it looks like it's made for the rifle. I'm a firm believer in having individual accessories to be used on specific rifles, so I elected to go with the Mlok atlas mount, so this bipod isn't coming off that rifle without tools. Very sturdy setup for a purpose-built target rifle.

Wow. It looks very close to me. I would have never thought to do that!

If his design/pattern can be said to be an infringement on the McWoody pattern.

If his design/pattern can be said to be an infringement on the McWoody pattern.
    ... lol. Wow.

Considering someone would have to own a mcmillan stock, to even want something like this... I can't see any rational human being having an issue with it. I could get into all the ways a claim against primal finish wouldn't hold up in court, but that would be a waste of my time.

... lol. Wow.

Considering someone would have to own a mcmillan stock, to even want something like this... I can't see any rational human being having an issue with it. I could get into all the ways a claim against primal finish wouldn't hold up in court, but that would be a waste of my time.

Really....So a design/pattern creator wouldn't be able to take a person to court over infringement?? Wrong................................

Good looking match. I’ve struggled when trying to match gelcoat (McM) to Cerakote. I’ve even called Cerakote to help get a match with no real help.

It looks great!
    Yes, that gelcoat match is rough. I mean if you take a magnifying glass to this thing, it doesn't look identical to the stock. ... but for just sending pictures of my stock... it looks amazing. I find that it's also really difficult to get lighting to be correct to have it look right to the camera. Nothing seems to look as good as my eyeballs see it. ;)

Here's a crappy cell phone pic in the shade. I think he did a great job!!!
    7phGhmSh.jpg

Reactions: dddoo7