• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan or Manners for Browning X Bolt?

Jethro80

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2011
North Texas
Just looking at possible stock options for my Browning X Bolt in .300 WSM. I'd like to keep the rifle semi light and handy as it is now. I use the rifle for hunting whitetail in Oklahoma. I also like to stalk with the rifle and don't want to get too heavy. Most of my shots will be off hand or possibly on a make shift rest or bipod.

What do you suggest for what I've described? Also the barrel contour of the stock will have to be sporter weight friendly. Thanks for your suggestions.

Re: McMillan or Manners for Browning X Bolt?

I would just bed the stock you have. Not sure there are a ton of options for a browning.

Re: McMillan or Manners for Browning X Bolt?

The stock is already bedded. I have no complaints on accuracy of the rifle. Honestly I kind of wish I would have bought the stainless stalker version of my rifle so that I would have the stainless barrel and laminate stock. I like the looks of my rifle but I'd like something that will handle abuse a little more gracefully. Maybe I'm trying to spend money unnecessarily as the rifle shoots fine already.