• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing mcmillan order virgin

OFIS

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 28, 2007
    Harrisburg, PA
    ordering my first mcmillan...

im having them inlet for my williams old style floorplate, and they asked me to send it in for correct fit, im also wondering if i should get them to install pillars or if thats something i can do when bedding?

im also trusting that flush cups are the way to go nowadays and have jumped on board with those. i asked for mounts on the left side for sling use (im right handed) or should i change that to the bottom? always seemd like having them on the side would make for more comfortable positioning...but i thought i would ask you all for input.

this should keep me anxious for 12-16 weeks, still pondering over how to ask santa to configure my USO

Re: mcmillan order virgin

I'd have flush cups put in the side and the bottom. Remember to tell them if you want a stud for a bipod.

I'd also have McMillan do the pillars. Well worth the few bucks they get to do it.

remembered the stud, ill include the pillars when i get the order slip in a few weeks.
    thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 051F</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ordering my first mcmillan...

this should keep me anxious for 12-16 weeks, still pondering over how to ask santa to configure my USO </div></div>

12-16 weeks? Now that's funny! I ordered my stock the beginning of December....hope I get it before the fall hunting season.

What date did you order your stock on Scooter-pie?

Like I said in the post....beginning of December '08. The promised date was end of June...so I'm planning on receiving in July and hope my gunsmith can get the rifle assembled by September. See, I wasn't kidding. :)

McMillan makes great stuff, but their waits are ridiculous. I'd check the wait times with Manners as his stuff is just as good. My problem is I got used to the A-3 stock, now I'm hooked for life....damn bastards.

If you don't need it to be a custom stock then check out JWPrecision he has them in stock usually, at least the basic ones

Scooter, I ordered my A3-5 about the same time as you. It arrived yesterday and I cant stop messing with it. Hopefully yours will arrive anyday too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scooter, I ordered my A3-5 about the same time as you. It arrived yesterday and I cant stop messing with it. Hopefully yours will arrive anyday too. </div></div>

I'd love to see a picture of that stock. I'm considering the same thing.

DSC00363.jpg

Heres My A3-5. Its 40% OD, 40% Tan, and 20% Black. I expected a bit more tan, but am very pleased overall. It has flush cups on the left and studs on the bottom. Next stop is to Mr. Terry Cross for the installation of his adjustable cheekpiece hardware, which the vets here speak very highly of. Then I will be bedding in my Remington SPS tactical action. It will be my first precision rifle. Gotta get some good glass now though.

Sorry for the delayed response, been busy. Was hoping to get an exact date but nevermind i guess. If you ordered in early December, you should have it in early May. Delivery time is roughly 5 months. Not 6.

They send em out a little quicker if you utilize their oversupply of unconventional camo colors.
    grin.gif

P1070886.jpg