• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mcmillan slug gun stock?

Moof

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2009
Celestine Indiana
I have a Salvage 210 slug gun and lookin at the stock mcmillan makes. Does anyone have one and what do you think about it? Look's like it only hold 1 extra turd but can something be made to hold atleast 2? Also today I called Bell and Carlson and wondered if they sell any stocks that aren't enleted yet and they said NO. That sucked cause I would've loved to rig one up from their light tactical. OR... (to you machinist out here) can I just pick up a light tactical enleted for a savage and start ginding it out and bed the whole damn thing? I don't know what the action hole spacing is yet. Whether or not I go with a LA or SA, I can always fill and drill my own right? The cheap plastic stock that come's with it just isn't doing it anymore. The more I shoot the thing, the more the plastic starts to give.

Why am I doing this? Because the state I live in, Indiana, doesn't allow real guns to hunt with. I normally hunt with my 458 SOCOM but years Dad and I get drawn to hunt the Crane naval base, I have to use a slug gun.

Any ideas?

Re: Mcmillan slug gun stock?

mcmillan will inlet anything, you just need to send your action in. i am looking at a new 12 or 20 210f and they have a 3 round +1 and i want to put that in a nice stock. try boyds, try stockade, try manners. someone will do it. i thought of it a while back when i saw the review of the 210f

Mcmillan already has the stock inlet for $410 but rather do it on a light tactical which I think are the nicest lighter weight hunting stock "I" like. 3 rounds??? You sure you're not thinking of savages new 20 ga theyre comin out with? Besides aren't those hollow cheap stocks also that look taci cool?

so who makes a light tactical? find that company and see if they have one or will inlet one. did you ask B&C if the would custom inlet one for you or just about the blank stock? you may have to settle for what you have or whats available. and if McM has the pattern to inlet it in one stock, they can usually inlet that in any stock

yes the new 210f is what i was talking about. it may be 2+1, i thought it was 3+1. and i dont know what cheap tacticool stock you mean. but if its the factory stock i cant say, and it wont matter. like i said it will get dropped in a McMillan

try the names i gave you and look up other stock makers and start making calls. bad thing is it may take some time and you might not get to use it on this hunt

BnC makes the light tactical. They said NO they don't do any custom jobs or special inlets on their stocks or others. Guess what they have is what you get. Again, I guess one can just buy what ever stock and do it themselves. Sure Mcmillan does it but me doing some of the work while my "builder" finishes up in a mill. I did some searching and found a few folks that can make them out of wood but i'm tryin to not go that rout due to weight. I'll see what manners has to say tomar.

BTW the "taci cool" savage is the one that I guess that their comin out with in 20 ga. Detach mag and all the fixings. Look's ok but i'm buyin. If push comes to shove and making a light tactical stock work but not being strong enough, looks like Mcmillan will do.

it will get better for savage selection but for that slug gun its gonna be limited. at least as first. he you and i are the only two people that want a tactical slug gun that i know of so far. but im sure there are more

McMillans shows a stock on our web-site called the Savage Slug Hunter. This is just our Remington Hunter stock inletted for the Savage 210 slug gun. We can inlet most of our Remington stock designs, including most of the tactical stocks for this barreled action. There is only enough depth in any of the stocks for a one round magazine. The factory stock holds 2 rounds because of that extended plastic box that protudes down below the belly of the stock but it is still a blind magazine set up and we have no stocks that are that deep in the action area.
The new Savage 220 is built on a different action, it is the new action with a DBM floorplate and a detachable box magazine that the Savage web-site says holds 2 rounds, not 3. We have a version of both the A-5 tactical stock and the HTG stock that we can inlet for this Model 220, and these are the only two stocks we have available for them.

P.S. Savage no longer shows the 210 shotgun on their web-site, does anyone know if they have quit making the 12 guage gun? If so I can see prices going up on these, the one we have here shoots quite well with Winchester rifled slugs.

there you go and thank you sir for the info. as soon as i read the review i thought to myself that would look sweet in an A4 but ill learn to love the A5 if thats as close as i can get. ill look for a 220f as soon as i finish my lr308.

the review i read on the 220f was in 20ga and all the versions i saw were 20 when i peeked on gunbroker if i recall, i just wanted an idea on price so i didnt dig deep. but in looking further i recall reading the 220f was given the f to distinguish it from the 220 as it was no longer made i believe. dont hold me to if and ill try to dig around. but the mention of the f addition stuck with me