• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Mcmillan stock and KMW hardware

glock63

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2008
Aberdeen, South Dakota
Ok, I called McMillan today and amended my order of an A3-5 with thumbwheel cheekpiece. I asked them to set it up for the KMW hardware. Once I pay for and receive the stock, do I send it to Terry for the install or is it something I can do myself?

Re: Mcmillan stock and KMW hardware

I'm curious about this as well, was thinking about getting an ADJ HTG and wondered if I could go with Terry's hardware.

I gots McM's adjustable cheek piece on my A5 with the two thumb screws, they come loose all the time, I had to make a spacer to keep it from dropping down at the worst possible time, get Terry's hardware, another option is Manners, you can get Terry's hardware direct from them with the stock.

here is what you need to do, i pm'd terry about it a while back about an a3/5 myself

Direct from Terry Cross
McMillan does not install this hardware yet. We are hoping that they will get sufficient requests to start doing it in the future.

I do not install the hardware on the Adj HTG. The cheek piece is far too thin.

Should be no problem on the A3/A5.

Tell them you want:

KMW-ACP inlet in rear of stock.
NO HARDWARE- do not install
Rem glass fill on butt
No voids in Butt or CP.

They will mold the stock from the correct 2 piece mold but only charge you for a non-adjustable version of the stock.

You can have them ship direct to me or have them send to you for inspection and then you forward to me for the install.

Installation takes about 2 weeks. $129.00 which includes UPS back to you and lifetime warranty.

Advise if any other questions.

Thanks,
Terry

I don't know if it would work, but I used to put bowstring wax on my fieldpoint threads to keep the points from always coming loose. It worked real well. I don't know if this would work on the threads of the thumbwheels or not as I don't have any stocks that use them. Just an idea from "way out there".

This is what I do. I replace the locking knobs with SHCS's and washers. It looks good and never come loose again.

Terry's hardware beats any of the McM offerings by a Cajun Mile![...as measured by johnboat through the bayou!]

You will not be disappointed.

FWIW
Wes