• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan stock for the Sako Quad?

Phylodog

Hidin since '06
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2006
Arcadia, IN
I thought I'd seen it somewhere but can't find it now. Does anyone know if McMillan is inletting any of their stocks for the Sako Quad? I have a receiver, bottom metal and mags on the way and I need a stock for it. I know Manners is but I have 3 McM's and they've been very good to me.

I may give a Manners a try if his wait time is a good bit better than McM's. Anyone know the current wait time for either?

Re: McMillan stock for the Sako Quad?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razor100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mcmillan will inlet the entire A series for them </div></div>

True that. It's a 4 to 5 month wait depending on how many accessories are ordered with it. A regular HTG/M40a1 stock without an adjustable cheekpiece or spacer system would be the quickest. Less steps = less time generally.

might want to check directly with Dick on that. If I recall the quad would not fit in the A-series for some reason.

At one point a thread existed where he commented that it would work, but it looks like it may have been lost during the maintenance/cleanup of the forum database...

-pd

Ordered an A5 in forest camo a week ago after an E-mail reply from Dick that said they could. I'll have my quad this week and will be ordering a Lilja barrel shorty. It's kind of nice the Sako factory sock has a removable spacer for a bull barrel. Won't have to wait for the Mac to start shooting.

We can inlet for the Sako Quad action into any of our A-series stocks. We had our first Quad in house about a year ago and wrote a inletting program then.

I ordered another HTG today for the Quad that I've got inbound. 5 months till I'll get to shoot it, err, I mean, my family will get to shoot their rifle, damn.....

Thanks tuna921 and thank you for your order.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShootToWin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We can inlet for the Sako Quad action into any of our A-series stocks. We had our first Quad in house about a year ago and wrote a inletting program then. </div></div>
so can you explain me this ..I receive this e- mail one month ago from mcMillian ..

Karl,
We do have the inletting program for the Sako Quad however it will not fit into the A-4 stock. We can inlet the Sako Hunter, Sako Classic or the Sako Varmint, A-5, HTG or the Adj HTG and the Adj A3-5 to accept that action.

Thank you,

Lynne

finally it not All A4 serie right?

Sleever,
Lynne made a mistake, we can inlet the Quad in all the "A" series. If it's a Remington style stock we can fit the Quad into it. Lynne says "oops", sorry about that.
Dick

Huummm you make my day :p

For the tactical target chooting witch one should I get? the A-4 look real nice to me!
does someone know the diff from each A model ?

Can you inlet a Baker special stock for the quad(and a mauser98)?

Well, I suppose we could inlet a Baker for the Quad, but the floorplate would sure recess up inside that drop belly a long ways. Might be difficult getting your mags in and out.
98's wont't work good in this stock, the Baker's rear tang is a Rem/Win type rear tang and the 98's rear tang would set about 1/4" up above the stocks tang. Also a serious recess of the floorplate up into the stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick Davis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sleever,
Lynne made a mistake, we can inlet the Quad in all the "A" series. If it's a Remington style stock we can fit the Quad into it. Lynne says "oops", sorry about that.
Dick</div></div>

Hi, I had asked a similar question re a Remington stock, I wanted the inlet to be done on your LAZZERONI THUMBHOLE SPORTER
but I was told that it was not possible, has this also changed ??
Thanks from Australia

mine is in a textured forest camo HTG w/ sniper fill, that i ordered from JW Precision here on the hide. great price and service from john, and a great drop in stock for my quad-cam

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CHAPUISARMES</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick Davis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sleever,
Dick</div></div>

Hi, I had asked a similar question re a Remington stock, I wanted the inlet to be done on your LAZZERONI THUMBHOLE SPORTER
but I was told that it was not possible, has this also changed ??
Thanks from Australia
</div></div>

Can some-one from McMillan please answer this question, it is killing me....

Thanks,

Jeff Gray

Jeff,
Sorry about the delay, just havn't been on the Rimfire forem for a while. As stated, yes, we can inlet the Sako Quad into most all of the Rem. Stock designs. This includes the Lazz TH, the Rem Sporter and the Rem. Classic ( the McClassic is not a Rem. stock design but is the Rem Classic with the tang modified to fit the BR type actions).

Sorry to resurrect this topic - but I called a few weeks ago, and asked about the Quad in an Anschutz Silhouette stock. Like one of the posters previously, I also, was told that the Quad only fit into the Sako and HTG stocks. However, since that information was given incorrectly, I am hoping that it may have also been given incorrectly to me.

For the record, are you able to inlet an Anschutz Silhouette, or Prone stock for the Sako Quad? If not, what is the closest form factor that you can inlet for this barreled action?

Thank you.

Quad in an A5

PC260131.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtRacer151</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quad in an A5

PC260131.jpg
</div></div>

Wow. Very nice setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cmnspwr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How did you do the magazine? </div></div>

Search my posts. I made a whole thread devoted to my rifle after it was done. The pics of the mag modification are in there too!