• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mcmillan stock, GAP camo without the black

excaliber

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2011
Abingdon,Va
Does anyone have a Mcmillan stock in camo like the GAP camo without the black in it? I don`t know why black is used in hunting type colors as black isn`t a color found in the outdoors. Even shadows isn`t really black in color. I`m just trying to get idea of some type of camo pattern to go with.

I see everything from OD, tan, grey, brown and white. Google GAP Camo or search the gallery on here and I'm sure you'll get quicker results.

Just a few I pulled from a search.
2012-05-14 19.20.03.jpgny8hma.jpgp1020296t.jpg002.jpg

Last edited:
From 15ft away in dead grass the GAP camo seems to blend in pretty well, even though it has black in the pattern. This time of year when everything is deep green, that pattern really disappears. As far as there not being and "Black" in nature.. Have you ever watched a black bear step into the wood line from the edge of a field or road way and immediately disappear? Its almost like magic!

From 15ft away in dead grass the GAP camo seems to blend in pretty well, even though it has black in the pattern. This time of year when everything is deep green, that pattern really disappears. As far as there not being and "Black" in nature.. Have you ever watched a black bear step into the wood line from the edge of a field or road way and immediately disappear? Its almost like magic!

I like the GAP but that McM next to it really disappears in that grass. If you wanna stay concealed, it really depends on your location.

Another reason I like GAP camo. I like large broken up camo patterns for deer hunting like GAP and ASAT. Helps break up your blocky appearance with darks and lights instead of one large dark spot like the tighter mostly green camos.

ssnfa, what length barrel is that on your GAP?

It's actually a .358 Hoosier AJ Brown. 18" Shilen on trued Rem 700 Varmint Receiver with McMillan HTG in GAP camo.

AJB Arms spelled Hoosier wrong on my barrel and ignored me when I questioned it. Not a big AJ fan anymore. They spelled it wrong on several other of my friends rifles also.