• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan stock questions

Duckdog

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2010
I'm getting ready to order my first McMillan A5 stock and I'm not sure if I should order it with flush cups or not.

This rifle is pretty much just a prairie dog/ paper puncher, so it's not like I'm going to be carrying it a bunch. I could easily get away with two studs up front and one in back.

But, OTOH, I'm also thinking, now would be the time to put flush cups on it in case it ends up being a different "type" of rifle.

Really no big deal, just kind of curious how you guys set up your rifles with the flush cups. Of course, pictures are welcome.
Thanks for the help.

Re: McMillan stock questions

Makes to easily remove the stubs out of the way for a rear bag or front rest. I would also recommend getting the Adjustable LOP and Cheekpiece. Allows you to set the rifle up properly for your build.

Good Luck
JamieD
Wolf Precision

Flush cups are nice and it would be handy if you ever decided to take it varmint hunting or shoot some matches without having a bolt or magazine in your back. Just my .02

I'd go with 1 stud for the bipod and 2 F/C on the lower surface and 2 F/C on the left side of the rifle if you are right handed.

Well, that's kind of what I figured. Thanks guys.