• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mcmillan Stock Studs

Mauser48

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 17, 2018
Finally picked up a Harris bipod. I am unable to mount the bipod with the legs facing forward because part of the bipod hits the sling stud. My stock had the 2 up front, its hitting the rear one. Before I go screw something up, are these studs just threaded into the stock or are they completely molded in and not meant to be removed?

Here is my Harris bipod on my McMillan A5. I used the front stud for the bipod and the second stud (from the muzzle) for the sling.

BD34120A-F922-4FF9-81C9-EB71EE0F8C81.png

Mine are just screwed in.

They are threaded in. Just stick an Allen wrench through the stud hole and unscrew.

On my McMillan A5 I could unscrew the sling studs. Unless yours are epoxied in for some reason you should be good to remove.

Screenshot_20230105-222038_eBay.jpg

As previously said, they screw out. If you wanted to move the spacing however, that's a bit more involved.
Pic shows the inner workings.

Awesome thanks guys. I haven't had the stock off in awhile so I forgot about the nut plates on top.

Yup. Just unscrew and the harris swivel model has a stud on the back if you need to run a sling.