• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan vs. TRG

steelcomp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2009
N/E TN
Has anyone who's owned or shot both compared the comparable McMillan stock to the one that comes on the TRG 22 or 42? What would be the plus/minus of either? Since theres such a wait for McMillan stocks, I'm looking for a comparable alternative for my TRG S action.
TIA

Re: McMillan vs. TRG

I own an MCM A3 and have laid behind a TRG 42.....what is your question? Are you looking at a specific MCM? They are all different except for the A2 and A3....I belive from the drivers seat they drive the same....just different forends.

Well, what I'm doing is building a rifle on a TRG S action and was looking at the McMillan A5, but there's a long wait and they're a little on the pricy side. I was just looking into the possibility of the TRG stock as an alternative. I have no idea what the availability or cost of a TRG stock is, but I thought I'd find out first, if it was a viable alternative from a shooter's standpoint.
Thanks for your input.

Check that...just found the price on replacement TRG stock. That ain't gonna happen!
Thanks anyway.

You might check out Manners stocks, I have a 338 LM built on a Sako TRG-S action and used a Manners T4 stock.
I'm very pleased with the way it turned out but I had it built as a single shot.
If you are looking for a repeater McMillan has bottom metal available so you can use the factory magazine.
I have another rifle built using a different TRG-S action in a McMillan A-5 utilizing their bottom metal.

Wayne aka WAMBO

steelcomp,

That is great news that Manners has already inletted for an M995 action.

I vote for Manners!

I don't think manners is doing them anymore as he has to build up the tang a bit but you could ask. You could call Gap as I know he had one for himself (a extra??) I had manners make mine some time ago for my m995.