• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan Z1

King_beardsly

MMPRL & Low Dollar Precision
Minuteman
  • Jun 12, 2018
    Beast Coast
    Has anyone played around with one or had one built since I don’t see them as an in stock item on their web store. I’m like to switch from a MPA to something a little more traditional and get rid of that weird twang every time I pull the trigger in the process.

I have been using a Z1 for several months now and love it. It is super comfortable And easy to repeat my trigger hand position.

Good to hear, I like my MPA but there’s just something that drawing me back to traditional stocks.

Got one on a GAP with an Impact Action. Shoots great, fits myself and my son well. Only problem I had was with the color scheme!

20200720_154104.jpg

Reactions: Stoweit
    How does the Z1 compare to the other rifles in the picture in terms of shooting of barricades and the like? The Z series looks pretty solid.
    I know the A6 has flat sides and forend and now offered in a PRS version.

Last edited:
    How does the Z1 compare to the other rifles in the picture in terms of shooting of barricades and the like? The Z series looks pretty solid.
    Solid as can be. A419 arcalok rails work great and brass rear weights really help balance too with bigger barrels

Reference MPA XLR MDT JAE Manners

Basically the same. All are in the 20-22lb range & balance a few inches forward of the action screw. The Z1 does have a couple of pounds of lead & a spigot added to the barrel channel.

While I have several different flavors(A5 & A3-5 not shown), I tend to favor the Z1...I like the traditional look, but the parallel fore-end of a chassis.
    View attachment 7419476View attachment 7419489

Which arca rail is that and how does the Z1 compare to say the A5? I’m bouncing back and forth between the Z1 or A6 which seems similar to the A5 but with flat sides/bottom

Which arca rail is that and how does the Z1 compare to say the A5? I’m bouncing back and forth between the Z1 or A6 which seems similar to the A5 but with flat sides/bottom
    His has the A419 arcalok

Mine has the weighted one

Attachments

• 20200714_182159.jpg
      20200714_182159.jpg
      912.7 KB · Views: 140
    • Screenshot_20200910-131820_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20200910-131820_Gallery.jpg
      456.9 KB · Views: 155
    Reactions: kampr
    I dont run the spacer on mine but it butts against the hawkins m5 dbm. I use the two standard holes from the mcmillan rail. No issues

Reactions: kampr
    Besides the slight slope on the bottom of the fore end, I believe the A6 differs in the palm swell & thumb shelf. Hope that helps with the confusion..🤷🏻‍♂️😂
    1599761886198.jpeg

That does help, I couldn’t really tell from photos if the fore end had a slight slope or if it was an optical illusion. The thumb shelf isn’t really a big deal, but would be nice since I’m used to it on my MPA.

That does help, I couldn’t really tell from photos if the fore end had a slight slope or if it was an optical illusion. The thumb shelf isn’t really a big deal, but would be nice since I’m used to it on my MPA.
    It feels like the MPA thumbshelf. Come shoot reading saturday haha

They make the Z10 PRS, so it kinda the same
    Correct, just not crazy about the thumb Scallops or the universal inletting. I asked Josh Deards back in Feb if they were going to do a prs a10 version and he said yes, but It ended up being the z10. Very similar though.

Watch that be an announcement around shot, the new a10 PRS. I hear you with the universal fit thing, it’s handy but there is just something about a well fitted custom stock.

Reactions: tho98027
    I can’t un-see the chiseled out 2x4 aesthetic with the Z1 after reading it somewhere, I guess I’ll just need to fill that barrel channel with something beefy.