• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillian WTF?

mvphilly

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2022
NY
So I was looking to buy a McMillian A1-3 stock that was already set up for a Rem700 S/A. The stock was just like primes no paint so I called them to see if they would paint it. They said they wont open the box even to paint it but I can buy it and then ship it right back to them to have it painted. How fucking lame is that?I just wanted a nice paint job on it and not send it to some dude with a can of Krylon in his basement. They wont do it while its there.

After talking to McMillan a few different times here's what I know. Their Ready-to-Ship stocks....wait for it....are Ready-to-Ship. I've bought quite a few RTS stocks in the past then recently did a custom order. Never had any issues with their "business practices". Not to mention the customs stocks I ordered...no payment required UNTIL they are ready to ship. WOW...who knew!?

Buy from them or not. It's your money.

So I was looking to buy a McMillian A1-3 stock that was already set up for a Rem700 S/A. The stock was just like primes no paint so I called them to see if they would paint it. They said they wont open the box even to paint it but I can buy it and then ship it right back to them to have it painted. How fucking lame is that?I just wanted a nice paint job on it and not send it to some dude with a can of Krylon in his basement. They wont do it while its there.
This is a stock Magpul Hunter my buddy did in his basement with several cans of Krylon. I think its great.

Attachments

• Remy1.jpg
    Remy1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 140
  • Remy2.jpg
    Remy2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 137
Few years back I bought a ready to go stock and wanted flush cups installed. They basically told me the same thing.

Have them ship it to Custom Gun Coatings @Short-bus he does really nice work.

After talking to McMillan a few different times here's what I know. Their Ready-to-Ship stocks....wait for it....are Ready-to-Ship. I've bought quite a few RTS stocks in the past then recently did a custom order. Never had any issues with their "business practices". Not to mention the customs stocks I ordered...no payment required UNTIL they are ready to ship. WOW...who knew!?

Buy from them or not. It's your money.
So a razor blade to the side of a box and then some paint then some packing tape is a chore for them for a 1k purchase?Wow who would have thunk it.

See I went through the mental struggles. I wanted a RTS stock as well.....then I bought a % off Cert on the PX here. Asked tons of questions to McMillan CS. Must have talked or asked the same questions 10x to the same guy. So I placed a custom order WITH MY paint selection, MORE options, and it was cheaper than the RTS stocks. WOW.....less than 60 days to my door. Awesome. I'm happy. SO happy I bought two stocks.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Does any business take full on custom orders, NOT requiring any from of payment, AND only when the custom order is finished are you required to pay???
Now....think for a minute....where do all these RTS stocks come from??? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Spend your money how you want, or don't do it at all.

We live in a different world. Most businesses feel like they are already doing you a favor just by selling you a product.

Its why I only buy certain things from certain companies.

If they have a product you really want, buy it, then find somebody who needs the work, and have them paint it for you.

I try not to support companys that dont give a shit about customer service.

Hmmm. I had a terrible experience with them. Took longer than it should have, expected. Ordered a carbon stock with no paint, got primered, so they offered me paint and when i went to do it they said they no longer had a guy to do it! Sock came in way heavier than they told me as well. Everything was approved by mcmillan themselves, before ordering. I also live local to them.

I have a 25 year old brown precision lightweight hunting stock on a 243 ackley and it as good as they get. The reason I never bought another is they are so damn expensive ( sending them action and bottom metal and let them do the stock, painting, and bedding).

When I got mine I think they were based out of California. They did a great job.

Are you a teacher? That whole those who can, do....
Can't paint it yourself huh?
Wait...what was i thinkin?
People who buy thousand dollar gun stocks don't be doin no paintin!
I am sure I can do a solid color myself but not a pattern.

I am sure I can do a solid color myself but not a pattern.
Dude...it is the easiest thing in the world. Anything is a stencil...literally anything.
I can prove to you an idiot that never took an art class, and can't draw a decent stick figure can paint.
20231017_144746.jpg
20220701_195311.jpg

Now get crackin, or turn in your man card.
If you make a mistake....just paint over it and start again.

Edit:
If you like the skulls, order a "lucky 13" stencil kit. Put down light base coat, stencil with a darker shade, then shadow with contrasting shade. Its easy.

Last edited:
Back to the original point.........

I strongly suspect that McMillan is trying to discourage people that want customs from raiding the RTS stock and basically "cutting in line".

I make no judgement on whether they are right or wrong, just speculating on what I think is going on.

I'm not in the market for a stock, but when I bought my Manners, I would have liked to have seen them staff up and produce stocks in less than the 6 or 8 months that they took for delivery. But, I am almost certain they run their ship like they do in order to keep their workforce stable. That's the other side of the coin and I guess I can understand it.

Reactions: Bcamos
Back to the original point.........

I strongly suspect that McMillan is trying to discourage people that want customs from raiding the RTS stock and basically "cutting in line".

I make no judgement on whether they are right or wrong, just speculating on what I think is going on.

I'm not in the market for a stock, but when I bought my Manners, I would have liked to have seen them staff up and produce stocks in less than the 6 or 8 months that they took for delivery. But, I am almost certain they run their ship like they do in order to keep their workforce stable. That's the other side of the coin and I guess I can understand it.

^^^This

Reactions: Threadcutter308