• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mcree Precision stocks.....personal experience?

Derek Myers

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2005
Pacific Northwest
I am looking at modular type stocks for a new build. I have always wanted an AI........so its strange I am considering something else now. But does anyone have a Mcree stock system? Not a traditional beauty but I like the flexabilty it provides and I want a rem 700 drop in that is set up for detach mags?

Derek

Re: Mcree Precision stocks.....personal experience?

I like the McCree stock a bunch. Note that it's a bit heavy for a .308 or smaller setup, my favorite this beast:

375_1.jpg

.375 CT!!!

I love the McRees chassis. I have a .375 CT in one now, and they are about as solid of a platform that exists right now. Not to mention Scott is a great guy!

Ive shot behind them, and they are comfortable as heck.

One of my shooting buddies (the guy who's Ive shot) swears by the product and the customer service.

yeah they're great. Have it any way you want it. People that have no experience with one usually say "look at all the 90° angles, looks ugly and uncomfortable" But like shagy said the modularity and total adjustablity make it perfect for anyone. Plus you dont have to buy that expensive aftermarket bottom metal to accept AI mags. Comes out a little cheaper in the long run.

Re: Mcree Precision stocks.....personal experience

I replaced the AICS chassis my 338lm came in with the Mcrees. A vast improvement in my opinion. More adjustable for one thing and my fat thumbs are more comfortable for another.

I have the first Savage target action McRee and it is rock solid. I would not hesitate to go the same route again.

I didn't care for them much when I saw them on the web, but after messing with Mike's, it's a high quality stock that was surprisingly comfortable... I plan on getting one now.

WOW! thanks guys..........not one hater in the bunch....plus no matter the product quality I won't buy anything from a lowlife. Nice to hear about the customer service. I don't want to get killed for this but Mcree might take me away from the AICS route after all of this feedback. The "instant" bottom metal is big deal for me. I'm a bigger guy and having a solid adjustable stock I really sink into is important for me.....alot of adjustable stocks aren't that stable when using the adjustments cranked up or out and I have found myself not being able to truly relax in various shooting posititions and having to use muscle tension to keep stable which doesn't do well.

Many thanks........more comments welcome.

BTW..did you guys get your setup from McCree of through ne f the dealers........I live a couple hours from one of his posted dealers so I might make the trip down......waiting for their catalog now.

Derek

i'd probably guess that the vast majority of posters, like me, got theirs from scott, as he is a hide member himself.

I'm waiting until after SHOT to get the updated version with a rounded hanguard!!

I got mine from Scott. I like it a lot. i do not shoot it very much but like the others have said, it is really comfortable.

A little less $ than either a McM w/ DBM or an AICS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Walsh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm waiting until after SHOT to get the updated version with a rounded hanguard!! </div></div> Everyone is talking about the "rounded handguard", but out comes the 5th generation and instead of a whole tube like a TacMod all that is changed is the original handguard is just smoothed out.

I hope Scott has the stock for Howa in the plans...

You cant go wrong very good stock drop in ready very tough and Scott is awsome. Now you can get the mags cheeper!

I shot mine for the first time today and I love it. The adjust-ability is superb the extra weight cut down on felt recoil some but having the butt exactly where it was supposed to go without sacrificing cheek weld and grip was what really helped. The workmanship is superb and it seemed to help tighten my groups up a bit. Now I have zero excuses if I shoot poorly it is all on me.

4691490237_954a7e34f5.jpg

Scott is great person to deal with. He built one for my BAT SV action and I really like it