• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mcree Precision Stocks- Pics or comments anyone ?

Down Under Hunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2008
VICTORIA AUSTRALIA
Can anyone tell me about the newer model tactical stocks from Mcree ?

I have read the thread on here, but I believe I saw Scott talking about some new improvements in that field /

I have tried but have not got Scott on the ph yet.

Any clues

DUH

Re: Mcree Precision Stocks- Pics or comments anyone ?

Here you go mate, what do you want to know?
Mcress001.jpg

Mcress002.jpg

Mcress003.jpg

Adam,

That is a sweet looking setup !

Which model is that ? When did you get it ?

What accesories do it feature ? Folder or fixed ?

Also love the color.. Which colour is it ?

How do you like the grip and or have you seen that chunkier AR style that has the hand rest at the bottom ? IE CHEYTAC M200 ?

I what a "military type look" and plan on doing the action to much like yourself. I also need one that will offer good rear bag qualitys as I hunt with a bean bag always.

Do you know what the new improvements are to the design ? They just look tough !

Cheers mate !
P4021903_edited.jpg

Heres a kill from last week. 565 yards 338 EDGE camed up !

Cheers mate !

DUH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here you go mate, what do you want to know?
Mcress001.jpg

Mcress002.jpg

Mcress003.jpg
</div></div>

Simon that is the Folder wont get it through customs the stock will be heavier but it depends what you are looking for. i do know someone with those hinges here though ;-)

Bill,

They look like a good setup ! I had heard of someone with those hinges too ! Just waiting to talk with Mcrees to sort the options out.

Happy Easter

DUH

Thats a big round mate !

What is it and whats the big long cnc pill in the front >

Thanks for the pic.

Cheers

DUH

DUH,

Scott has been on walkabout for the past week. He'll be in on Monday catching up. The new one has some advancements on the cheek rest and in the ability of the grip to be angled for individual comfort.

Cheers,

Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DOWN UNDER HUNTE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats a big round mate !

What is it and whats the big long cnc pill in the front >

Thanks for the pic.

Cheers

DUH

</div></div>

Thats a noel carlson CNC solid. Its next to a 350 sierra match king.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DUH,

Scott has been on walkabout for the past week. He'll be in on Monday catching up. The new one has some advancements on the cheek rest and in the ability of the grip to be angled for individual comfort.

Cheers,

Doc </div></div>

Thanks Doc !

I am trying to go from this

WEBSTERRIFLE1.jpg

streckersshooting004.jpg

To this ?

DSC06963.jpg

DSC06946.jpg

I love this look !

Can you tell me which model stock this is ?

Do you know if Scott did the dura coat job ?

Also ths mag... Does Mcrees have a ext mag for the Ultra Mag rounds ? I have already a Wyatt ext window installed but may go to the detach option.

Cheers

DUH

DUH,

That rifle you pictured belongs to a member here "cybersniper". Here is specs to that rifle--

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...948#Post1036948

Also--FYI--Scott is back in the shop and in progress of catching up on all emails and phone calls from the past week and half while he was away.

Hey Doc..Have you seen the new options, accessories, etc? I get to put my hands on them in May lol. I sent Scott home with a Barnard action block so he could have exact dimensions to cut an identical permanent block into the stock for the P-Chey actions

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DUH,

That rifle you pictured belongs to a member here "cybersniper". Here is specs to that rifle--

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...948#Post1036948

Also--FYI--Scott is back in the shop and in progress of catching up on all emails and phone calls from the past week and half while he was away.

Hey Doc..Have you seen the new options, accessories, etc? I get to put my hands on them in May lol. I sent Scott home with a Barnard action block so he could have exact dimensions to cut an identical permanent block into the stock for the P-Chey actions

Thanks </div></div>

Later,

THanks for the intel !

I had written to a gunsmith who looked to have put the gun together, but yet no luck talking to him.

I think I have the basics O.K to get the look required. Im thinking stock change, duracoat then maybe the query about the mag system ? Depending on how hard to get to come together. Th rifle already has the wyatt ext mag internal.

I'll try and get Scott this morning our time (late pm yours Mon) and got from there .

Cheers

DUH

Well I recieved my stock and mag in the mail last week, I will be putting it together and posting some pics this weekend, standby for a more in depth review

DUH,
I built the DeFontcuberta sniper shown above. The coating is Cerakote done in my shop. I also manufacture the DetMag system. Thanks, Kevin Wyatt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gun-rx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DUH,
I built the DeFontcuberta sniper shown above. The coating is Cerakote done in my shop. I also manufacture the DetMag system. Thanks, Kevin Wyatt </div></div>

Thanks Kevin !

I am talking with Scott as we speak and looking at your mag system to suit. Very, very nicely finished.

DUH

I've posted this a few times, but I like to show it off so I'll do it again!

Here is mine. Instead of the raw aluminum, I had the stock sprayed with Line-X bedliner and then painted while the coating was still hot. The color appears a lot lighter here because of the flash. I really like the feel and grip of the Line-X on the stock.

DSCN0083.jpg

DSCN0084.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I have seen the gun and that was a great idea !

Which grip have you got ? It looks like the ergo rubber one Scott suggested to me ? I also am looking at the PSG 1 style.

Thanks

DUH

It is the ergo. I had to cut part of the back off as it was designed to fit the contour of an AR. It's a great grip, though, especially for the McRee.

I just posted an in depth review in the equipment section if anyone is interested

depends on the action but for a remington about 650-775 i think.

anyone have any more pictures of the mcree stocks? Hopefully in green ?

Here's mine...nice stock and phenomenal customer service!
DSC00040.jpg

...and my first official attempt at a group...had a little too much coffee but okay i guess for the first day on the range.
25900_384867388895_561523895_379171.jpg

Great chassis!Love it!
S6301540.jpg

Thanks, is the heigth perfect for the Harris with rail mount, I am having the same bipod on my McRee.
Do you need a extra rail inder the rear of the stock, other then the McRee extra part?

Cheers,

Master Diver

Function is great. Accuracy and stability. Feal........ it is like carrying or sticking your face on an alluminum 2X4?

Its a very sturdy platform, but its heavy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master Diver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, is the heigth perfect for the Harris with rail mount, I am having the same bipod on my McRee.
Do you need a extra rail inder the rear of the stock, other then the McRee extra part?

Cheers,

Master Diver </div></div>
Yes,works for me but I may remove the hand hold and rail adapter for the harris to try antoher configuration,but that mono pod was too tall to use with the rock creek sopmod bi-pod.

Gaffer,

Thanks.
As long as the monopod works with the Harris rail BRS
smile.gif

Oh what PSG-1 grip is that? Soft or hard? What make?

Cheers,

Master Diver

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master Diver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gaffer,

Thanks.
As long as the monopod works with the Harris rail BRS
smile.gif

Oh what PSG-1 grip is that? Soft or hard? What make?

Cheers,

Master Diver </div></div>

Not to sure,it was broken when I picked it up at a gun show for $3.OO,took it home and epoxied the palm swell back on and dura coated it flat black.It is a hardened plastic grip.