• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mcrees G10 - Does anyone have any first hand experience with it?

Tunnuh

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2014
Texas
I've handled one once and am thinking of buying one to replace the factory CTR stock for my tikka. Seems nice, but wondering if it helps with consistency of accuracy? Any feedback is appreciated. If no one has any input, I may buy it anyhow and give a review.

Mine is consistent with two different actions. Accuracy is the same in G10 as it is in XLR Element and MDT LSS-XL.

Yep! I bought a factory TSR-1 and it came with the G10. It is great. I wish I had anther one on a couple other guns i have.
97c57a25bc728579cd74bbcc363903f7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Reactions: frankprstw
Thanks for all the feedback. I ended up getting it, probably should have posted in this thread first, but I'm really liking the feel of it, I'll know how it shoots on Saturday.

Attachments

• photo62340.jpg
    photo62340.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 238
Reactions: WT1
I've been running one for about 3 years now and I'm very happy with it. The folding stock locks up great, it's slim up front and gives ample room for adjustments. I put an Area 419 Arca rail on it, some Grey Ops weights and a vertical grip from TLC Grips. I think McRee's is one of the most underrated chassis manufacturers out there right now.

0518201907_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Tunnuh
I rebarreled because I shot out the 260 barrel it came with, but it shoots really well.
How much did the chassis weigh when it arrived? And that color looks nice but I bet it'd get dirty if I was using it. How do you clean it?

Last edited:
The new G10 has ARCA-lock built in to the forearm. Nice addition! There is also an extended spigot up front for setting the bipod out a few inches further. The folding lockup is great, ergos are really good. I added a thumb rest and switched to the MDT vertical grip. Groups are no different than my other chassis. I like the G10 a lot; and have shot it in several comps, and fun range-days. It is definitely an under-rated and under-appreciated platform. I plan to keep mine.

McRee currently has a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale going for 10% off.

Last edited: