• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McRees Precision 50BMG Stock Review

lrs50bmg

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2007
Orland Park, IL
www.orlandpt.com
My apologies to Scott for not getting this up sooner.

Scott has produced a prototype stock to accept the McMillan/McBros 50 cal action.

I had the opportunity to test last November at Camp Atterbury, IN.

First shot to confirm zero was exactly the same with barreled action in my regular stock (K&P thumbhole).

Stock is a little heavier than what I would prefer, but there is plenty of room to remove material an lighten it up. My setup is a single shot. Bottom would be opened up to accept detachable magazine.

Current Navy Mk15 stock uses a fixed mag. Note KAC front rail to mount UNS. Still quite a few in circulation that do not have the saddle cheek rest.

IMG_0200.jpg

My current setup:

IMG_0127.jpg

McRees Precision:
IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

Stock handles well. Needs bipod to be mounted on a spud in end of forestock or top mounted a la RND. (Should be here this week) Hinge has a little flex in it, Scott suggested a cam lock to tighten it up.
Flush cups can be machined into it almost anywhere (not that I'm going to sling this beast up and hump it very far now days!!!) I added the rubber pad to cheekrest, aluminum not so cumfy when hot or cold. With a little development, this will make an excellent option for 50 shooters.

Scott

Re: McRees Precision 50BMG Stock Review

Looks great, Scott! Thanks for the review, with a folding stock that beast "might" just fit in the gun safe
smile.gif

Nice looking set-up.Even shooting the good stuff out of it I see.

Only get to shoot the good stuff when I'm on base.

Jason,
You made a good guess! Folded length is 49", but I have a 31" barrel, so it's a little longer. Mk15 barrel is 29".
Rifle weight in McRee Stock: 31#, in the K&P stock: 27#.