• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mcrees Precision G10 and Tikka CTR 308

WT1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
Picked this Mcrees G10 chassis up during the Cyber Monday deal for a friend's Tikka CTR 308 install.

I am totally impressed with this compared to another chassis I tried and had to return and compared to the factory plastimer stock that came with the rifle originally.

The G10's imbedded bubble level was very handy while mounting the scope into the American Defense QD zero cant mount. The M-LEV bubble level was there for a visual all of the time. Very nice feature. Since I picked it up during the Cyber Monday sale the folder feature was included and it is very nice with totally solid lockup, no question, snaps into place very nicely. They also make a non-folder which is very, very slick looking though I have not set one up for anyone, yet. It only takes a few minutes based on the videos I've seen about the non-folder. Also, you can get this G10 with a full length Arca rail built into the chassis. It's the competition version https://shop.mcreesprecision.net/G1...ikka-T3-T3X-CTR-G10-COMP-TIKKA-T3-T3X-CTR.htm I thought about getting that version though I already have the Harris bipod, so. That's a nice feature, though.

What really impresses me about this chassis is that it is totally solid. The controls are large and easy to manipulate (take a look at that mag release). The mag well is perfectly matched to the magazine in dimension. There is no play once the magazine is vertical in the mag well yet it is still relatively easy to insert the mag into the mag well. Magazine snaps positively into place with a very positive SNAP! No wiggle. It's in there. Won't come out with a good pull downward on the baseplate of the mag.

The rail just before the mag well has convinced him to pick up a tripod and saddle of some type for canyon shooting or the rail attachment for a tripod.

Lot's of nice accessories available for the G10.

Since my friend has not fired the rifle in the chassis yet, we'll leave it at that and after we get back from the range I'll provide an update.

Finally, before I picked up my first chassis, which had to go back, I read a lot of nasty comments about Mcrees on the hide which I thought were uncalled for and distasteful. My experience with Mcrees has been excellent so far. I received the chassis in less than three weeks during the holiday rush. The product is outstanding, and the customer service has been me talking to Mcrees himself or his wife when the line wasn't busy and one other guy. Most of the nasty comments went to the subject of the imbedded bubble level. Personally, I think he has a point with regard to his patents. We live in an age where everything is cloned in some form or another and even then the clone makers often pay the original designer a royalty. I think Mr. Mcrees has a point in that regard.

So here are the rig specifications.

Rig specs:

Tikka CTR 308
Mcrees G10 Folding Chassis in Armor Black
American Defense QD zero cant Recon Mount black (this is a very nice piece of kit with nice lockup and completely repeatable on the Tikka CTR rail. I know from experience taking it off of the rifle for the first attempt at a chassis swap and then putting it back on when I had to return the rifled action to the original stock and fired it again. It was right on zero. Took it off and back on again to get a small test run and it was back at zero again) https://www.admmfg.com/recon-s-1-piece-qd-mount-no-offset
Trijicon Accupower 2-10x56 Green MOA (which he says is the best dusk to dawn non-night vision scope he has ever seen. I don't have much experience in that regard myself so can't say really)
Muzzle device
Weight is 12 pounds with the scope lens covers and scope coat on it and an unloaded mag up.

I'm thinking of making him an offer for it but I think I'll wait until things cool down a little. Have you seen the cost of these things? And I'm just trying to trade some of my stuff for some 155's in the for sale forum. Geez.

Attachments

• McreesPrecisionPic1.jpg
    McreesPrecisionPic1.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 266
  • McreesPrecisionpic2.jpg
    McreesPrecisionpic2.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 253
  • McreesPrecisionPic4.jpg
    McreesPrecisionPic4.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 239
  • McreesPrecisionPic3.jpg
    McreesPrecisionPic3.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
That's a nice looking rig.
The Tikka won't let you down.
Enjoy!
👍
This thing already shot better than I can make it perform even in the plastimer stock. It was just extremely light with that stock and if you weren't on top of it when you sent it the front end was all over the place.

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
That Tikka looks nice. You could also bolt a McRee ARCA rail under it if you want go that route (see tripod pic).
We've used plenty of stocks and chassis brands over the years, and none have come close to the McRee G10 Folder (especially in the mid $600s). Here are some REM700 SA G10s. The only thing we changed was the pistol grip.
Those are some beautiful rifles! I would agree. For the money there is no better chassis on the market. Solid.