• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MCREES PRECISION GAP 7wsm

cypriss32

L337
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2004
Fresno, Ca
Today, started out as a decent day. Around 1:30pm Scott at MCREES PRECISION sent me a PM "look out for a package". So around 6:30PM something from UPS arrived, a nice brown box. I open the box and out come a stock for a M70. I must say, this stock is a bad ass piece of equipment as far as im concerned. I ordered a fully adjustable, side folding, MP-MODSS. It came with his own mags, these are brand new I was told. The folding mechanism feels VERY solid; I don’t have ANY play in it. It locks in either folded position or out position.
Mgcress001.jpg

Mgcress002.jpg

All hardware looks to be top-quality, including the new action screws he will be including with every stock.
Mgcress005.jpg

The mags look very tough. The mags currently have a COAL max of 2.960, and are made from 18 gauge steel. Here are some photos, next to full-size 1911A1 and cell phone.
Mgcress007.jpg

Mgcress008.jpg

I think this stock is a little lighter then my AICS 1.5, Long action I have sitting in the other room. But it is a little heavier then my Manners 90% carbon with bottom metal, mag, and stock pack.
Overall I like this stock ALOT and will be ordering more. Those that have been PMing and asking me about the M70 stock. I hope this answers some question for you. I will be updating this post as time goes along, will moding the chassis for longer COAL mag and possibly some more stuff.
The rifle specs are-
M70 Action worked over by GAP
Rock 1-8.7tw 7mm barrel Fluted
Badger brake by Randy @ R&D precision
Badger Bolt knob
Seekens 20MOA base
Badger rings
NF 3.5-15x 50mm MLR/Mil knobs (premier 3-15x 50mm Summer time)
Chambered for 180gr VLDS @ 2.935COAL

Mgcress004.jpg

Mgcress003.jpg

Re: MCREES PRECISION GAP 7wsm

Looking good!

Did you get it in the white because you're going to paint it? If so, see my posts about using Line-X as that may be an option for you.

Also, what is Scott charging for his magazines?

Glad everything turned out well for you.

Im wondering how that can be lighter than an AICS? It looks like its VERY well made, but it also looks like a lot more material than the AICS chassis.

I really like the look of the hand hook rear bag area.. A little cleaner look...

I think some guys with Win/FN actions will be happy that this stock is out... Me being one of them..

Need a range report next..