• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McRee's Precision w/pics and specs!!

ksmith13

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2010
Tennessee
First off I have to say thanks to Scott McRee, he is awesome. He took the time to answer my questions and his customer service is awesome. Here are some before and after pics.

47746d36.jpg

DSC01200.jpg

Here is a pic of the stock before the PRS was attached.

ae295e67.jpg

Here is one of the action.

95cb29fe.jpg

For anyone wanting comaprison weights here you go:
Facotry 700VS with HS Precision stock and Leupy 4.5-14x50 - 10.8lbs
McRee stock with PRS - 4.8lbs
Rifle complete with McRee, Scope and Harris BiPod - 13.6lbs

If any one wants any more detailed pictures let me know. Sorry about the color not sure what is up with that. Now if I can get a day to go shoot I will give a range report.

Re: McRee's Precision w/pics and specs!!

Nice looking boomstick. How do you like it compared to the HS stock? Any complaints with it so far?

I guess I never realized that McRee's stocks had an AR buffer tube option. I've always liked the PRS for its utility. Nice looking rifle.

cost for the chassis and stock? couldnt find it on their site

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ClayDirt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice looking boomstick. How do you like it compared to the HS stock? Any complaints with it so far?</div></div>

Right now i am on crutches with a broken leg, so I havent got a chance to shoot it. I only got it all put together last night. Hopefully I will be off the sticks in 2 more weeks and I can try it out. I did get behind it as best I could and do some adjusting and like the way it feels. Esp since I didnt have adjustable cheek on the HS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Olson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cost for the chassis and stock? couldnt find it on their site</div></div>

I paid $545 for the chassis from Scott with 2ea 5rd mags.
I ordered the PRS form Midway it was around $245 and I had to have an A2 buffer tube I think it was about $25. If you have any questions for Scott his customer service is awesome. He said he used to keep a few different buttstocks on hand but he said it seemed like he never had exactly what was being ordered so he decided to just sell the chassis with the adapter and let the customer order the buttsock they wanted.

Why did you go with the PRS over the standard McRee adjustable rear stock?

One reason was the ability to adjust it with the turn of a knob and the other was the fact that since it is a polymer it won't get as cold in the winter or hot on the summer. And it just plain looks cool. Lol

KS,
Thanks for the praise, very pleased that you like your rig. Now you just need to get off the crutches and do some shooting.

I'ld like to know how the PRS works for you when you get e achance to find out. I have always liked the CTR for my personal rigs. When I get back from shot I'll post up some pics of them, looks like I have failed to let people know that this was an option.

Happy Shooting,,,, sooner ar later, get well man.

That stock looks great! Glad to see the AR adapters are rolling out!

This is making me drool. My McRees is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I can't wait!

Very nice. What is the built in angle on the rail ? Looks quite steep.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice. What is the built in angle on the rail ? Looks quite steep. </div></div>

It is a 20moa Warne.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like that stock. How is this compaired in performance to the McMillian or Manners? </div></div>

My McRee's stock now hosts my 300 WSM Rem 700 S/A. The ability to adjust all aspects of the stock to your exact fit is impressive.

Do they make one of these that will fit the new Remington .338 Lapua?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacBlade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do they make one of these that will fit the new Remington .338 Lapua? </div></div>

The answer to your question is yes. It is a Remington Long action stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddconley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That price is without the folder correct? </div></div>

His stock appears to have the folding option.

Mcrees stocks basically just offer an incredible value for the money. After shouldering one at SHOT finally I could really imagine running one on my rifle.

I really like that they are throwing bubble levels into the stocks now a really small but nice detail.

beatiful!!!! i have a sps tactical and am wanting to get a better, stiffer stock than the hogue. i was gonna get a b&c but after seeing this for only $545, i think im gonna get one of these!!

If this storm hadn't hit I would have my stock in hand!!!

Nice rig!!

I'm putting mine on a .300WM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: okrebel92</div><div class="ubbcode-body">beatiful!!!! i have a sps tactical and am wanting to get a better, stiffer stock than the hogue. i was gonna get a b&c but after seeing this for only $545, i think im gonna get one of these!! </div></div>

The $545 was for the stock without the buttstock assembly. I am not sure what the price would be if you get Scott's buttstock, if you go with the Magpul like I did you would have to add about $275 to it for the stock and A2 buffer tube.