• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McRees' stock and AccuShot monopod?

Hink

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2006
Amarillo Texas
I've got a McRees' Precision stock on my .308 and I'm shooting well enough for now. But after switching from the factory stock to McRees', I've found that my old monopod (AccuShot BT-01) won't work with the new stock. So can anybody tell me how to work an AccuShot monopod with a McRees' stock?

Re: McRees' stock and AccuShot monopod?

Hink,

What style rear section of the McRees do you have?

1. Butt "hook"? If it does then you can put the lil picatinny rail on the bottom of it which runs parallel to scope and mount the pod that way.

2. Bare? You can run the pic rail on the inside of the butt piece which will run vertical of the scope and mount the pod that way.

I do not use monopods but here are couple pics showing where the above #1 and #2 would mount.

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

1219270629.jpg

Thanks

I saw one this past weekend that used a rail on the face of the butt pad like the ones in the lower picture above. He had a Accu-Shot PRM BT12-QK mounted up. It was a .50 BMG and was used for instruction so must work.

I am not sure the original style will work as it is designed to attach to the swivel stud on an angled surface. The mcree only had verticle and or horizontal surace to mount to.

I am running a BT-12 on mine that is attached to a pic rail.

Not the best pic to show the mono-pod, but...
IMG_6183.jpg

Thanks Later and Kasey. I've been looking at trying to manufacture a mount or modify my existing BT-01 to fit the McRee, then the thought that somebody had probably already done the legwork hit me.

Gugubica, that's the setup I'm looking for. Thanks for the response.

Kasey, do you have any BT-12s in stock?

The BT12 or BT13 (add the Quick Knob) is the way to go, modifying the BT01/making mount, bad juju!

Yes, we have everything in stock, but all the Atlas bipods from this last run are sold....