• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MCS-T4 stock

desertHK

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2008
AZ
Guys been thinking about the MCS-T4 stock for my 243 (or I should say my son's). Anyway, just wondering whether to go with the fixed vs. adjustable. Obviously the adjustable one is a bit more. What I would like to know is for those with the adjustable cheek piece, how many of you actually need to adjust that to get a better cheek well? I have the adjustable cheek piece on my AWs, but I have never ever used it. So, I am just trying to save some money that's all. Thanks for your help.

Re: MCS-T4 stock

What scope and what height rings do you plan to use?

How old is your son? Smaller heads need higher cheekpieces.

AW's are a completely different animal and its only with really high sights do you need to raise them.
Conversely, the T4's cheekpiece is low in comparison. If you have a rifle setup with the same height over bore on the optic as your AW then put it on a fixed T4 or an A5 you will be getting a stock pack at least.

Plus you can adjust the KMW cheekpiece to laterally as well, making for a fit that your face just "drops into" behind the scope.

I will never buy an A series McM or a T series Manners and not spend the extra for a good fit.

my first T4 didn't have the adjustable cheeck piece and for the second one I made sure to have it.

you can try without and if it doesn't work, terry cross will install it for you at reasonable price. check out kmw rifles. i need the adjustable on everything i use including the aics i tried out so i may not be a good example.

Son's 12 years old. I plan to use the Vortex viper 6.5 -22x50 with medium height rings (that's the current set up now with the B&C stock). May go to NF or Leupy in the future depending on him.

Get the A, with the mini-chassis. It can be a great platform for any R700SA down the road, and great resale if you ever go that route.

I would definitley get the adjustable version. My experience has been that if you don't get the adjustable version, you are going to be finding a way to elevate the comb later so that you / your son can get a better sight picture. The non-adjustable versions always seem to drop the eye alignment too low, for me anyway. Spend the extra money. It is worth it.

Everyone’s bone structure is different. Running a badger base and low rings on a Remington I find that I don’t need any additional height on A-5's or T-4's.

I wish I can get behind either one to get a feel for it. Hate to spend the money for it if I don't need it.

Desert HK,

A 6" piece of 1/2" Pipe insulation, a little 100 MPH tape, all covered by an Eagle stock pack works pretty well also.

May not be pretty, or on the cutting edge, but adding height to a stock may be easier than finding the $$$. The A in T4 also adds 1.4 lbs over the non-A one.

Something to ponder for sure,

Bob

more importantly get an adjustable spacer system int he but so when he grown the stock length can also grow with him i would look at the T4A as the adjustable stocks are just awsome and the little extra now will work for the life of your son.

Get the adjustable. It's better to have it than not, it's just not that much more.

I'm of the school that it is better to have it and not need it, than the other way around. I have the A on my GAP and do use it. I suppose that another plus would be resale value, and want. Buy once, cry once.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish I can get behind either one to get a feel for it. Hate to spend the money for it if I don't need it. </div></div>

DesertHK,

If money and weight are an issue, then just get a stock pack and stack up mouse pad strips *IF* you don't mind the way it looks. To me it's about function and this gives me a solid cheek weld without beating me up during recoil (300WM).

This is my T2 which has a lot lower comb height than the T4 (about .150"). You may not have to stack it as high, I've noticed that I run a higher comb than most.

IMG_0191.jpg

Cheap, way lighter than the adjustable. And once you get the height figured out, shoe-goo the stack together and velcro it to the stock pack. The only pain is you have to remove it to clean. I rarely clean my rifles, so it's not a huge issue for me.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish I can get behind either one to get a feel for it. Hate to spend the money for it if I don't need it. </div></div>
LHGina's daisy stock is a T4A. Its Left handed, but it'd get you behind one.

I had a T4A and really liked it, but I traded it for an AICS because I couldn't remember why I didn't like them. THe AICS was of the box five minutes and I was weeping like a schoolgirl.......

Thanks guys, next time I see LG Gina will ask her to take a look at it. I think right now, I am leaning toward the fixed stock. If the cheek well is an issue for my son, then I'll just get him one of those stock pads.