• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McWhorter Custom Rifles

Buzzsaw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2006
Frisco, Texas
Anyone here own one, ever deal with them? They seem to build very nice/accurate, albiet expensive rifles.

I know we worship GAP here on the Hide. Just looking for any thoughts or real experiences with the boys at McWhorter.
Thanks

Buzzsaw,

They are located about half an hour away from me. I visited their shop when I was looking for a .300WM build. Nice, accurate, expensive rifles is an understatement. Most of what I saw was lightweight accurate hunting rifles, although I did see a few heavy barrels around. They have an outstanding reputation. I really wanted them to do my build but ran into a divorce at that time, so the build was put on hold. 3 years later I had John Whidden (hour and a half away) do the build for no other reason than it was on the way to the coast where I was doing frequent travel and could be a pain in the ass to him. lol. I would not hesitate to have McWhorter do a build.

On another occasion, I had them do a trigger job for me on an older Rem. 2 1/2 lbs and crisp. Amazing what they did with that trigger.

Bill